Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Any way to prevent eczema?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jul 18 2020, 10:41 pm
Eczema runs in both mine and my dh’s family. Our kids also have/had eczema at various stages. I’m pregnant now and trying to avoid another eczema baby. Is there anything I can do during pregnancy that may prevent this baby from getting eczema at 3 or 6 months old?

amother
Tangerine

Post Sat, Jul 18 2020, 10:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Eczema runs in both mine and my dh’s family. Our kids also have/had eczema at various stages. I’m pregnant now and trying to avoid another eczema baby. Is there anything I can do during pregnancy that may prevent this baby from getting eczema at 3 or 6 months old?
avoid vaccines. Keep your gut healthy. Keep your liver happy. Load up on minerals and b vitamins.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jul 18 2020, 10:50 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
avoid vaccines. Keep your gut healthy. Keep your liver happy. Load up on minerals and b vitamins.

Can you tell me more? I never gave shots under a year, so it’s not coming from that. How do I keep my gut healthy and my liver happy?

lilies

Keep your stress level low?

oneofakind

Avoid antibiotics. Look up the studies about Babies given antibiotics when young have higher rates of asthma, maybe eczema too.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sat, Jul 18 2020, 10:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can you tell me more? I never gave shots under a year, so it’s not coming from that. How do I keep my gut healthy and my liver happy?
gut health is about prebiotics and probiotics and an ancestral type diet. Digestive enzymes. Taking care of yeast and parasites and bacterial overgrowth. There are many ways to support the liver, from nac to glutathione to milk thistle to castor oil pacs, minerals and b vitamins are extremely esssntial for liver function.

amother
Bronze

Post Sat, Jul 18 2020, 10:56 pm
Daven.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jul 18 2020, 10:57 pm
oneofakind wrote:
Avoid antibiotics. Look up the studies about Babies given antibiotics when young have higher rates of asthma, maybe eczema too.

Thanks for your input, but I never took antibiotics during pregnancy, and my kids never took antibiotics under a year. Will keep researching....

amother
Indigo

Post Sat, Jul 18 2020, 11:12 pm
Nurse baby (assuming you already do this). Get baby tested for allergies (muscle testing / kinesiology). Avoid common triggers from birth, like fibers other than cotton, commercial shampoos and soaps. Eczema is often/usually an allergic reaction.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sat, Jul 18 2020, 11:33 pm
Deleted due to error in info

amother
Yellow

Post Sat, Jul 18 2020, 11:53 pm
Im addition to trying to avoid vaccines and antibiotics you may also want to look into staying away from harsh chemicals that some kids are more sensitive to. (Detergents, soaps, shampoo etc)
Gut health is also important

Most of all daven to hashem because we can only do hishtadlus and ask hashem for the results.

Sara255

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 12:08 am
Eczema is a condition when certain moisture is lacking from skin, causing the outer layer to become brittle and scaly. The way we prevented it was, after each bath, using a and d ointment all over the child's body. It seals in the moisture and prevents the skin becoming open for allergens and irritants.
this is the medical advice for real, clinically diagnosed, genetic eczema and it worked extremely well as long as you start right away when the baby is little. Once the skin is flared up it needs to be treated but prevention is so worthwhile.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 12:26 am
Like s/o mentioned -YOU -as the preg mom should take care of your health by taking probiotics,vit b,very clean diet ,x vaccines-this is for you!(baby as well of course imyh)
Don’t think u can ttly avoid excema,as you didn’t cleanse yourself b4 preg -b w tefilla e/t is possible
My first had horrible excema -I ate msg & e/t
My second I decided mayb its good related so when was preg I was more careful-she had excema b x so bad
So by 3rd I was off sugar white flour...baby was excema free
Doesn’t mean related b could b

sotired3

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 12:28 am
When my baby was born recently (home birth) I was advised by my midwife not to bathe the baby for 48 hours after she was born to let the white coating that baby’s are born with stay on her skin, as that is supposed to be very good for the baby’s skin. This might be worth looking into, to try to keep the baby’s skin as healthy as possible.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 11:10 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Like s/o mentioned -YOU -as the preg mom should take care of your health by taking probiotics,vit b,very clean diet ,x vaccines-this is for you!(baby as well of course imyh)
Don’t think u can ttly avoid excema,as you didn’t cleanse yourself b4 preg -b w tefilla e/t is possible
My first had horrible excema -I ate msg & e/t
My second I decided mayb its good related so when was preg I was more careful-she had excema b x so bad
So by 3rd I was off sugar white flour...baby was excema free
Doesn’t mean related b could b

I’m trying now to be off white flour and sugar. I actually went off white flour and sugar 10 days before I ovulated, so hopefully my system is pretty healthy. My dh is skeptical that one has anything to do with the other, which is why I’m asking on imamother LOL

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 11:14 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for your input, but I never took antibiotics during pregnancy, and my kids never took antibiotics under a year. Will keep researching....

Did you not have IV abx during labor ever?

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 11:22 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Low inflammatory diet now and while breastfeeding. Adequate zinc, fats, omega 3's, probiotics. Hope!
Avoiding anything that can trigger a set off to gut health. Antibiotics, medications that mask symptoms vs nourishing the body so it can correct the problem on its own. Many will say to avoid vaccines - I suggest researching the ingredients and going from there, just like we do with food *especially* with allergy prone kids.
There are my few tips. So far my most recent baby is BH! Eczema free and iyh will stay that way. Eczema is generations deep in my family and she is the first not to have it!

amother
Black

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 11:25 am
Omg it’s so hard!
One of my kids had weeping eczema from when he was newborn. Turns out, he’s allergic to a ton of stuff.
Is there a way for you to find out if your baby is allergic to anything that could be causing the flare ups?

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 11:29 am
Sara255 wrote:
Eczema is a condition when certain moisture is lacking from skin, causing the outer layer to become brittle and scaly. The way we prevented it was, after each bath, using a and d ointment all over the child's body. It seals in the moisture and prevents the skin becoming open for allergens and irritants.
this is the medical advice for real, clinically diagnosed, genetic eczema and it worked extremely well as long as you start right away when the baby is little. Once the skin is flared up it needs to be treated but prevention is so worthwhile.

Eczema is linked to leaky gut and inflammation. Something has to cause the irritated skin. It doesn't appear out of nowhere. It is a symptom of a deeper issue. If it were a soon confirm then be would know, touch or be exposed to A and automatically will get eczema.. Kind of like the idea of poison ivy..bt rly not even that. It's an immune response

For the record, I bath and put good cream on my kids right after from the start and it did not prevent eczema.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 11:32 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:
Omg it’s so hard!
One of my kids had weeping eczema from when he was newborn. Turns out, he’s allergic to a ton of stuff.
Is there a way for you to find out if your baby is allergic to anything that could be causing the flare ups?

This is very likely the cause with babies.bt think about it, what I'm the world can be causing a newborn to be so allergic? Gotta strengthen gut and try to build tolerance.
My older child is very allergic and these things help bt it takes time! Read: years. Of hard work. But it's worth it to see the success and she won't have to live with it forever like I did for many years!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics