Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
S/O Dreams that Came True
Previous  1  2

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 8:09 am
I have lots of dreams that come true. Nothing to do with any big "hopes or dreams" or someone else's, but rather, these little snippets of life that I dream about that make no sense at the time and then after it happens in real life I'm like, "oh wait! I dreamed about it!"

The first case I can recall happening was a decade ago. A few months before I had any idea that Birthright even existed, I had a dream that featured a woman who I had never seen before, dressed like no one I knew, up close standing in front of an ornate aron that I had never seen before either. Fast forward a few months and I'm on a Birthright trip, in the Ari shul in Tzfat, and a woman on our trip with a shawl over her shoulders asks me to take a picture of her. In front of the aron. As soon as I snapped the pic I had a "WOAH" moment.

More recently I dreamed about my father in law and I walking pretty quickly in a direction on the top floor of our local mall. At the time I was like, why would that happen? Well, my DH got the flu and my amazing FIL dropped everything to help me take him to Terem (I don't drive). The scene from my dream was us going back to his car after picking up meds for DH.

I also had a seemingly random dream about the supermarket in that same local mall. Only this time it was a relative who was in an isle, bending down and holding several packages of what looked like baby wipes and me saying to her, "Do you need more? Maybe you should pick up a few more just in case." Fast forward to the motzei Shabbat where we all thought we were going into complete and total lockdown. DH and I run to the supermarket, where we meet that relative. Lo and behold that scene happens, only she doesn't have an armful, more like two or three. And I do ask her if she thinks she should get more, but she says that she doesn't have the hands to carry it, and they don't need so much anyway.

(Hi to anyone who might recognize me!)

This happens to me so frequently I've learned to pay attention to even the nonsense dreams. It's fascinating. It's also gotten to the point where DH will be like, "of course you dreamed it!"
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics