Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
My nephew’s camp is having visiting day this Sunday!
Previous  1  2

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 8:57 pm
Trust me, there was very little supervision happening in camp on tisha bav. I can relate some horror stories but dont want to out myself. They're better off at home for the day

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 6:50 am
I remember a camp roundtable run by NJ Agudah on TorahAnytime like 2 months ago. One of the camp heads said, and the beauty of camp this summer is that there will be NO visiting day.
My immediate reaction: sorry, parents!

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 6:52 am
Mama Bear wrote:
The camps wouldve been a closed no-one-in-or-out environment if that would be the way to open it legally.
Since no permission was given to open it legally, they are running it however they want to.

I thought that if they were in other states they could do the bubble, or that any sleepaway camp, legal or not, would be doing that.

(ETA to correct formatting mistake.)

Last edited by PinkFridge on Fri, Jul 31 2020, 6:55 am; edited 1 time in total

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 6:53 am
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
That's so weird. I've never heard of sending kids home for Tisha b'Av. Usually camps make the day far more meaningful than it is at home.

My kid's sleepaway camps are not having visiting day this summer. Instead they're having the kids call home on scheduled days.

If camp's within an hour or so of most people's homes and the air conditioning's busted, particularly if it's supposed to be hot, I've heard of that. But doesn't sound Covid-dik.
But I think I might stop commenting. I don't know how to'eles I could be, not being in the parasha this summer.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 6:54 am
Mama Bear wrote:
Its different for boys than it is for girls. Girls for the most part dont go home for tisha b'av. Bochurim have it much harder. They have to be in shul for hours in the evening and hours in the morning. And after chatzos it's way better that they sleep in their own room, with enough air conditioning, no noise, and their own time.

But that's why there are kinnos programs.
Camps should be understanding for boys who need to rest, but provide meaningful tochen.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics