Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Finally, an intelligent article on masks
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 9:24 am
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
I don't breathe through my sheitel, my ear, or on my head. I keep my hands off my face when I am out. And I wash everything exposed when I get home.

And like I said, my mask isn't protecting me. I know that. But if everyone wears masks, then everyone's germs stay in their masks and don't land on anyone.

And that means that everyone is protected.

Just as germs can splatter on you because other people are not wearing a mask, they can splatter on your eye and move down your face. Germs can move. If everyone is wearing a mask, they still have germs on their hands, they can still touch what you touch, you can accidentally touch your mouth, etc. If you think like this, you can go on forever. If everyone suits up in full protective body suits and never leaves their houses and hides under their beds, they'll also be protected. Life and living involves some percentage of risk. It's criminal to treat people this way and require the world to stop because of a virus. Whose numbers have been GREATLY misreported btw. And has upwards of a 97-99 percent survival rate.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 9:30 am
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
Just as germs can splatter on you because other people are not wearing a mask, they can splatter on your eye and move down your face. Germs can move. If everyone is wearing a mask, they still have germs on their hands, they can still touch what you touch, you can accidentally touch your mouth, etc. If you think like this, you can go on forever. If everyone suits up in full protective body suits and never leaves their houses and hides under their beds, they'll also be protected. Life and living involves some percentage of risk. It's criminal to treat people this way and require the world to stop because of a virus. Whose numbers have been GREATLY misreported btw. And has upwards of a 97-99 percent survival rate.

If everyone wears a mask, then none of what you wrote is relevant.

And even though we haven't 100% ruled out the possibility of people contracting covid-19 from touching objects, we haven't seen anyone infected via that route and the chances seem - from research - to be close to nil.

If you wear a mask and I wear a mask, then neither of us is touching our mouths, our spit and sneezes stay with us, and everyone can stay healthy.

I'm not asking for the world to stop, I'm asking for people to wear masks and keep their bodily fluids to themselves, in the most literal fashion.

What's criminal is that people are unwilling to take the simple step of wearing a mask and insist that anyone who doesn't want their bodily fluids stay home or just suck it up, risk their health and their family's and die - that if they die, they deserved it, they were part of the statistics, too bad - their life wasn't worth the discomfort of wearing a simple mask. THAT's criminal.

I know YOUR numbers have been greatly misreported and that's a shame. In some countries that's not the case, mine included. The whole world is not the US, and the US' inability to handle a pandemic does not mean that the pandemic is fake, a conspiracy, or greatly exaggerated.

BTW, your survival rate doesn't take into account that many of those survivors end up with lifelong serious medical conditions.

Yes, life involves some amount of risk and it should be up to each person to decide how much risk they're willing to take. You have no right to decide for someone else that they either take the risks you force on them or never walk out of their home again.

You might be willing to risk death by texting while driving but you have no right to make that choice for anyone else on the road, and therefore you have no right to text while driving. Same with masks.

When you refuse to wear a mask you are forcing your choice of how much risk to take on someone else, without asking their permission or taking their situation into account.

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 9:49 am
Quote:

Former Republican presidential candidate and ex-CEO of Godfather's Pizza Herman Cain, 74, has died almost a month after being hospitalized for coronavirus.

The big picture: Cain, the co-chair of Black Voices for Trump, was in a high-risk group due to his history with cancer. Cain's positive coronavirus test came less than two weeks after he attended President Trump's controversial June 20 campaign rally in Tulsa, where he tweeted a picture of himself without a mask.

Public health officials had warned that the large-scale rally could infect many and put lives at risk.
It's unclear whether Cain contracted the virus at the Trump rally.
While in the hospital, Cain commented on a July 4 celebration at Mt. Rushmore, tweeting: "Masks will not be mandatory for the event, which will be attended by President Trump. PEOPLE ARE FED UP!"

https://www.axios.com/herman-d......html

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 9:51 am
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
If everyone wears a mask, then none of what you wrote is relevant.

And even though we haven't 100% ruled out the possibility of people contracting covid-19 from touching objects, we haven't seen anyone infected via that route and the chances seem - from research - to be close to nil.

If you wear a mask and I wear a mask, then neither of us is touching our mouths, our spit and sneezes stay with us, and everyone can stay healthy.

I'm not asking for the world to stop, I'm asking for people to wear masks and keep their bodily fluids to themselves, in the most literal fashion.

What's criminal is that people are unwilling to take the simple step of wearing a mask and insist that anyone who doesn't want their bodily fluids stay home or just suck it up, risk their health and their family's and die - that if they die, they deserved it, they were part of the statistics, too bad - their life wasn't worth the discomfort of wearing a simple mask. THAT's criminal.

I know YOUR numbers have been greatly misreported and that's a shame. In some countries that's not the case, mine included. The whole world is not the US, and the US' inability to handle a pandemic does not mean that the pandemic is fake, a conspiracy, or greatly exaggerated.

BTW, your survival rate doesn't take into account that many of those survivors end up with lifelong serious medical conditions.

Yes, life involves some amount of risk and it should be up to each person to decide how much risk they're willing to take. You have no right to decide for someone else that they either take the risks you force on them or never walk out of their home again.

You might be willing to risk death by texting while driving but you have no right to make that choice for anyone else on the road, and therefore you have no right to text while driving. Same with masks.

When you refuse to wear a mask you are forcing your choice of how much risk to take on someone else, without asking their permission or taking their situation into account.

We're all wearing masks, even if we think it's ridiculous. Not sure what you're going on about. I'm respectfully bowing out of this conversation- I don't believe in masks, I will not change my stance, I am tired and have a headache. Have an easy and meaningful fast.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 11:59 am
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
We're all wearing masks, even if we think it's ridiculous. Not sure what you're going on about. I'm respectfully bowing out of this conversation- I don't believe in masks, I will not change my stance, I am tired and have a headache. Have an easy and meaningful fast.

If so, then that's great, all's well.

Unfortunately I see a lot of people with masks under their noses or under their chins, and that really doesn't help (nor does it count as "wearing a mask").

You don't have to believe in them, I don't care whether we agree in theory, all I care about is safety.

Have an easy rest-of-fast and feel good.

Frumwithallergies

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 12:47 pm
Amother pumpkin, thank you for your comments. I have no more patience for conspiracy theorists like Amother Oak. I don't even know how to reply. I find it so frustrating, like with many of the anti-vaxing threads. I'm not equipped to respond, and I feel like we are speaking two different languages. There are such strident voices on the 'Anti' side, who accuse western medicine of bad thinks all around, that logic and science are ignored. However, they also spout that ingesting massive amounts of 'vitamins and supplements', detox protocols etc are the way to go. I know people who are on dialysis and liver failure from taking 'natural' products.

I practice integrative, evidence based medicine. Healthy habits, combined with judicious use of appropriate medication or supplements when necessary.

While I'm fasting, I'm not sure how else I can contribute to this chat without pulling the hair out from under my tichel. I'm out.

imasoftov

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 3:36 am

southernbubby

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 5:57 am
As a consumer, I make choices about where I do business based on how much the business protects my safety. I don't give a hoot about anybody's rights.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics