Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
These Annoying Masks!!!!! Vent!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 5:14 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
you can cut out the inside layers of any mask
the blue surgical one, if you cut out the inside layer it's not that bad
I am extremely claustrophobic with a mask and can handle that for a little while

If you cut out the inside layers, the mask becomes pretty useless.

I don't get all these chochmois. Why do people think they can get around things this way?

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 5:17 pm
It’s way worse when you’re pregnant... you’re out of breath from everything and then even more out of breath cuz you can’t breathe

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 5:17 pm
I agree. The masks need to go. It's rediculous already. If you are worried, wear one for your own protection. If you are sick, stay home.

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 5:23 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
I agree. The masks need to go. It's rediculous already. If you are worried, wear one for your own protection. If you are sick, stay home.

So, anyone who doesn't want you to infect them has to stay home?

I'm sorry, that doesn't work. You're basically saying, "anyone who doesn't want to get run over when I text and drive shouldn't leave their house." It's up to YOU not to text and drive, because that action endangers others. And it's up to YOU to wear a mask so that if you are presymptomatic you don't infect others with coronavirus.

If you're not willing to take responsibility for not spreading a deadly disease, you can stay home. Just like if you're not willing to take responsibility not to text and drive, then you shouldn't be driving.

You wear a mask to protect others. They wear masks to protect you. The mask doesn't protect the wearer as much as it protects others from the wearer's germs.

Be responsible.

rakcna

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 5:23 pm
I'm a nurse. I wear a mask and a face shield/safety goggles 12-13 hours per day. Even getting a sip of water is difficult.

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 5:27 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
It’s way worse when you’re pregnant... you’re out of breath from everything and then even more out of breath cuz you can’t breathe

Yep. Tell me about it. I can barely breathe anyways and get out of breath easily. Then add walking. Then add a mask.

What can you do....I stay home as much as possible, don't wear a mask when there is literally no one around (as in, there isn't another person in sight for as far as I can see), and the rest of the time, just wear it and bear it.

I could never live with myself if I infected someone and they ended up in the hospital or dead, or passed it on to someone else who ended up in the hospital or dead.

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 5:44 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:

I'm sorry, that doesn't work. You're basically saying, "anyone who doesn't want to get run over when I text and drive shouldn't leave their house." It's up to YOU not to text and drive, because that action endangers others. And it's up to YOU to wear a mask so that if you are presymptomatic you don't infect others with coronavirus.

If you're not willing to take responsibility for not spreading a deadly disease, you can stay home. Just like if you're not willing to take responsibility not to text and drive, then you shouldn't be driving.

You wear a mask to protect others. They wear masks to protect you. The mask doesn't protect the wearer as much as it protects others from the wearer's germs.

Be responsible.

Correct, the masks protect others primarily.

OSHA (an agency in the US federal government that handles federal regulations regarding protecting the workforce from hazards, etc.) does not consider typical masks to be PPE as PPE is designed to protect the wearer. They consider them to be "source control", which also achieves some important things.

For a mask to be considered "PPE" and to protect the wearer and also meet one of the criteria to reduce social distancing requirements in the workplace, they must be considered "respirators" per the OSHA's definition. "Respirator" defined protection comes with many requirements including proper fitting, training, and record keeping by the employer. The masks the public are wearing and/or how we're using them are not these.

Yes, masks are a pain. I was late to work today because I forgot mine at home and remembered on the commute. (I drive alone to work.)

I have put aside more instant gratification, etc. and found that ordering goods online (amazon, etc.) or groceries with curbside pickup once a week really minimizes the discomfort or inconvenience of shopping in masks, and also minimizes my being out in busy, public places.

Please wear a mask, folks, when you're out and about. Consider the workers or others you may come into contact with. It's a team effort. Consider making other plans to do shopping etc that might take a little more planning but minimize your stress or risk too.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 7:33 pm
Cotton masks are lighter than surgical, wear it with a face shield to help the imamother police feel better

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 7:59 pm
Thanks.

Last edited by PinkFridge on Wed, Aug 12 2020, 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 8:01 pm
Im a nurse in a nursing home. Just this morning I was marveling this to myself...we were having our morning staff huddle meeting on the unit, and I was observing. Roughly 15 employees of all races, ages, denominations, backgrounds....the stooped old white nursing secretary, the 40 year old haitian nurses's aides, the asian/black/white young nurses, etc etc, all wearing a medical grade N95 mask (which is NOTHING like your standard layperson masks.), with another surgical mask on top, with a face shield on top. For 8 hours straight, minimum.
And you know what?
They never kvetch.
Im not kidding. They just dont.
And the nurses aides are getting paid peanuts.
But I never ever hear ANY of them complaining. They just do it.
Seriously.. .

But everyone else just cant wear these dinky flimsy masks, to make this stupid disease spread less, so we essential workers can stop using our N95s and face shields. No. You go ahead and pull the mask under your nose, keep spreading it around, because when ch"v its your loved one who needs help, you know we will be here ready to care for her.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 8:03 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
OP, could you consider changing the adjective in the subject line? Thanks.

Yes now I will. I was hot and flustered before. Not an excuse. Thank you for pointing it out.

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 8:26 pm
I bought a cotton mask and it's much more comfortable than the disposable ones.

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 8:29 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:

Be responsible.

I am not and will not be responsible for other people's health. I will not assume I am spreading covid everywhere when I feel fine. This was never the case and shouldn't become the norm now. We are basically saying we are never going to take a chance to get anyone sick ever again because maybe we are asymptomatic and carrying a deadly disease or a not so deadly disease but one that may kill a compromised person. We know lot more about this virus than we did a few months ago. You should read up on it. We know more about how it spreads, operates, and how to treat it. It is over in my area and I refuse to just go along like sheeple with these rediculous new rules.

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 8:31 pm
Hate em masks too, but they are here to stay for now. What’s the best cotton mask avail? Any links?

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 8:32 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
I am not and will not be responsible for other people's health. I will not assume I am spreading covid everywhere when I feel fine. This was never the case and shouldn't become the norm now. We are basically saying we are never going to take a chance to get anyone sick ever again because maybe we are asymptomatic and carrying a deadly disease or a not so deadly disease but one that may kill a compromised person. We know lot more about this virus than we did a few months ago. You should read up on it. We know more about how it spreads, operates, and how to treat it. It is over in my area and I refuse to just go along like sheeple with these rediculous new rules.

It's not over anywhere, you're being delusional.

Also, it's spelled ridiculous.

vintagebknyc

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 8:32 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
Hate em masks too, but they are here to stay for now. What’s the best cotton mask avail? Any links?

I bought some masks from Old Navy that are okay. And the ones from Shirtspace.com are really comfy.

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 8:36 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
I bought some masks from Old Navy that are okay. And the ones from Shirtspace.com are really comfy.

Thanks, I like your signature Wink

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 8:42 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:

Really. Its over in your area, huh? (Wonder where you live. Im in monsey and its not over here) Put your money where your mouth is.
Im not even kidding.
Write up a document that says that in the event that you/your loved one catches it, you waive all hospital care.
Go ahead.

ETA as a nurse I am very curious about how we "know how to treat it". Maybe you'd like to enlighten my medical team. We may know an itsy bit more than we did 3 months ago, but that really isnt saying much.
All that we now "know" for certain is that we were idiots for not masking up

Miri1

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 8:46 pm
I HIGHLY recommend the KN95 masks.
They are not overly expensive and they are structured so they stay off of your face.
Much easier to wear.

shanie5

Post Wed, Aug 12 2020, 9:02 pm
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....caf77

I found these and ordered them. They should be in tomorrow. I'm hoping they help. I have to wear one most of the day-(if I'm more than 6 feet away from people I lower it)-and it aint easy.
Page 2 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics