Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Carpool

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 10:41 pm
how do you handle fights in the car? either when getting in and fighting for seats (in tears- literally) while all the cars are waiting behind you, or on the way when you are driving and they start to get physical? pre-1-a boys.
story tapes are not doing the trick. how do I do set seats that they will listen to me?

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 10:43 pm
I can't handle it at all. When my kids were in school (this year we are doing homeschool) I chose to drive them and pick them up myself every single morning and afternoon rather than have other people's kids' in my car behaving so badly and causing me such anxiety that I thought I'd wrap my car around a tree.

Good luck. Hope somebody has good advice.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 10:47 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
I can't handle it at all. When my kids were in school (this year we are doing homeschool) I chose to drive them and pick them up myself every single morning and afternoon rather than have other people's kids' in my car behaving so badly and causing me such anxiety that I thought I'd wrap my car around a tree.

Good luck. Hope somebody has good advice.

Very Happy glad im not the only one. I feel so incompetent. its really not practical to pull over and say 'im waiting until you settle down'. I just need to get them all dropped off...

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 10:51 pm
I bring a treat or a prize every week if need be. Before the kids get into the car the first time I tell them that in our car we have set seats and anyone who sits and buckles gets their prize. I find after the first week or 2 I can stop bringing a prize every time and just give as reinforcement every once in a while.
With my own kids we do a rotation every month which you could also work if you don’t need them to sit in specific seats the whole year.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics