Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
PATIENCE

smile

Post Mon, Jul 25 2005, 11:44 am
My 2 1/2 year old has no patience for anything. If she wants something it has to be done straight away or she starts crying. She can't wait a few minutes till I am ready to do what ever she wants. And also if she plays and it just doesn't work out how she wants it, then she gets so upset. Any advice how I can help her being more patience.

Rochel Leah

Post Mon, Jul 25 2005, 11:47 am
my son is the same way...any ideas is appreciated.

proudmom

Post Mon, Jul 25 2005, 11:59 am
My daughter is teh same way, I tell her do you see mommy doing something and she says yes. So I tell her that she has to wait till I am finished. Or another suggestion if you are doing something that your 2 1/2 can help you out ask him to help and as soon as you are finished give him whatever he wants

smile

Post Mon, Jul 25 2005, 1:31 pm
Quote:
if you are doing something that your 2 1/2 can help you out ask him to help and as soon as you are finished give him whatever he wants

good idea!
But what about when she is playing. Whenever she can't manage something she gives up and gets upset? Crying

SK

Post Mon, Jul 25 2005, 5:21 pm
The best way to deal with this (giving up when playing) is for YOU to have patience and put aside what you are doing, to sit down and help her.
Don't actually do it for her, but work with her, and eventually she will learn from example.

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Tue, Aug 02 2005, 8:49 pm
SK, that is a great idea but not always feasible, let's say your'e busy frying s/thing on the stove and she wants help putting her legos together, if you go help her, you will burn your supper..
A very good and tested idea is a timer.
whenever she asks you for help and you are busy with s/thing important (not talking on the phone to a friend) but cooking or s/thing else, tell her you will help her, but you are busy now, then set the timer for a few mins. and tell her that when the timer rings you will help her, after a few days or weeks increase the minutes on the timer.

I've done it with alot of kids and in a lot of situations and it works wonders.

Shimmysmom

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 5:34 am
the worst is when my son wants s/t and I am in the bathroom- he starts screaming immediately!

Pearl

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 5:39 am
Malks2005 - that's a great idea!

smile

Post Mon, Aug 08 2005, 12:37 pm
Malks2005, good idea. I have to start trying it out.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics