Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Is there a reason to test?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 7:40 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Is this true? Did he really say this? Can anyone verify?

No. I think you need a specific number of days to pass first. Don't remember. Honestly, they're advice changes depending on where we're holding in the numbers and also different secretaries sometimes give over different advice. And if the question gets passed to dr. Shanik he tries to customize the advice to the situation

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 7:51 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
I know someone in lakewood who just yesterday tested postive and dr shanik said just that that 24 hours after she feels better she doesnt need to quarantine

I was told by Dr Shanik that my positive tested son needs to quarantine for 10 days from the onset of symptoms with the last 3 being fever free. I was also told that since my child wasn’t remained in a locked room with his own bathroom, my family needs to quarantine for 2 weeks plus his 10 days. Yes I verified this twice.

We all came down with it on my day 5 of my sons quarantine. He was fever free for 3 days by then. I cannot imagine the damage he could’ve caused if we would have let him out after he was fever free for 24 hours.

I’m going to assume whoever called misunderstood, spoke to someone who was misinformed, or maybe she should call her primary care doctor for advice if she is an adult and not a secretary in her child’s pediatrician office.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics