Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Happy moms pls respond
Previous  1  2

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 3:15 pm
I relate so much op. I can't relax in a mess, it makes my anxiety 1000x worse. And yes I have cleaning help but it's like she never was here.
There is so.much.stuff.all.over.
I hate it.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 3:39 pm
I stopped. I used to clean up at least twice a day. LOL

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 5:06 pm
Wish I could tell you. I just hung on for dear life till the kids grew up. I kept a scrapbook/journal of things we did during days off. The kids were encouraged to draw and write in it as well. Looking back I’m amazed at all we did and it’s fun to see the kids’ scribbles and misspellings. “We went two the zooo. The tygr was scary.” I also had a mitzvah book —like mitzvah notes but at home—that makes me laugh. Lots of entries “Moishie didn’t fight with Aliza.” “Aliza brushed her teeth without being told.” Of such things is a mother’s day made. My kids are now reasonably productive, functional members of society and apparently good parents. We weren’t the Waltons, but grim as things felt to me at the time, they obviously weren’t as bad as I imagined.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 5:18 pm
Every house is so different but I'll share some things that work for me in case any are helpful for you!

1- turn on music first thing in the morning (like when preparing breakfast)

2- instead of trying to get the kids to occupy themselves, JOIN the kids in activities. Kids will be happier, comply better, and you will feel much calmer!

3- set aside quiet time every day!
Kids can each go to their room, listen to a story CD, read books, play/ color quietly in their room or bed ( depends on the ages)

I also set aside technology time for whoever napped/ had quiet time nicely, where kids watch/play educational apps so that gives everyone another 1/2hr of quiet time.

4- lots of compliments throughout the day (along with hugs and kisses) to reinforce good behavior.

5- for clean up time offer treats for whoever cleans up. Kids get overwhelmed when there is a huge mess. What works for me is giving kids specific jobs. Even my 3 and 4 year old can follow a checklist with 3 jobs drawn for them
They cross off each job and bring me the list when done goe a treat.

6- playdates- can you do virtual playdates?
My kids made a puppet show today for their cousin over a video call? They also like to play guess the animal or other games over video call.

7- set regular mealtimes and filling snacks into the schedule. When my kids are cranky it's usually cuz I waited too long to feed them

Hope you find solutions for YOUR family!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics