Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
% rates by zip codes? nyc
Previous  1  2

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 9:27 pm
bobeli wrote:
I think they get the numbers according to where you test because non citizens don’t have to give information.
But it really doesn’t matter because they can do the numbers anyway they want and report any delay they want.
It doesn’t have to make sense and it has no science back up.

This. The whole testing thing is such a mess and such a scam.

The tests themselves are so unreliable.

Then we have the issue of labs making " technical errors" like people getting called that they tested positive when they never even tested.

And the percentage number can be manipulated and skewed however you want it. And yet this percentage is the magic number that determines our fate and whether we can reopen or not. But it is so inaccurate and totally not a realistic picture of the current level of disease in our community

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 9:35 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
This. The whole testing thing is such a mess and such a scam.

The tests themselves are so unreliable.

Then we have the issue of labs making " technical errors" like people getting called that they tested positive when they never even tested.

And the percentage number can be manipulated and skewed however you want it. And yet this percentage is the magic number that determines our fate and whether we can reopen or not. But it is so inaccurate and totally not a realistic picture of the current level of disease in our community

Someone can sue and force NY to reveal all the data they have to see why the numbers are being inflated and skewed. Perhaps a class action is in order especially from people who have been fined or cant send their kids to school. It wouldnt be hard to survive a motion to dismiss with all the discriminatory and anti-semitic statements that deblasio and cuomo made (and especially since they claimed that coronavirus affects non-Jewish minorities disproportionately but are not only not locking those communities down but are also allowing for the BLM protests to continue- Discrimination based on skin color, race-Jewish and religion). Oh and the fact that deblasio didnt allow contract tracers to ask if someone went to a protest is problematic as well and the fact that non-citizens dont have to give their information should be a factor in this lawsuit- discrimination based on national origin ). So people can sue for discrimination based on skin color, race-Jewish, religion, and national origin. Time to hold NY accountable.

Laiya

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 9:42 am
SixOfWands wrote:
They ARE posting by zip codes. https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/......page

Additional areas are creeping above 3%, and the numbers are going way up in other areas (for the 4 weeks ending October 3):

There doesn't seem to be a breakdown of hospitalizations by zip code, which would be interesting.

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 9:54 am
rikkik wrote:
I suspect that numbers will be dramatically different, bec many healthy ppl are purposefully getting tested in order to bring the % number down. It will be a win/win. The governor and mayor can then declare that the lockdown helped and brought the red zone cases down, and the kids get to go back to school.
However, I hope that it doesnt fool us into thinking that it's not going around and to be complacent in the face of danger- if you are at risk- STAY HOME. If your loved ones are at risk, and don't have anti-bodies- BE CAREFUL.

My friends family tested with this in mind (they had no symptoms) and... they were all positive. So not sure how much of a win/win it is

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 10:02 am
Um salmon that is a win if they’re prevented from u unknowingly potentially spreading the virus

Laiya

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 1:53 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
My friends family tested with this in mind (they had no symptoms) and... they were all positive. So not sure how much of a win/win it is

If they had no known exposure and no symptoms, they may want to ask their doctor if they should test again.

rikkik

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 7:26 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:

That's kinda what im scared of. I know the tests are not accurate, and the repercussions for me and for my job, and my family, if I come out positive, are not good.

Last edited by rikkik on Wed, Oct 14 2020, 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 7:41 pm
rikkik wrote:
I suspect that numbers will be dramatically different, bec many healthy ppl are purposefully getting tested in order to bring the % number down. It will be a win/win. The governor and mayor can then declare that the lockdown helped and brought the red zone cases down, and the kids get to go back to school.
However, I hope that it doesnt fool us into thinking that it's not going around and to be complacent in the face of danger- if you are at risk- STAY HOME. If your loved ones are at risk, and don't have anti-bodies- BE CAREFUL.

How will it be a win-win? It may be a temporary win for a short period of time, at best. I don't think healthy people will continuously get tested on a weekly basis. So for this time period where the healthy people are testing to try to fool the gov't, we may lower the percentage rate. But what happens the following weeks? The ones falling sick will still be getting tested, and suddenly the numbers will rise rapidly again. And what do you think the gov't will do then?

It's time to stop playing games, and instead try to find ways to color in the lines.

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 8:18 pm
[quote="amother [ Violet ]"]How will it be a win-win? It may be a temporary win for a short period of time, at best. I don't think healthy people will continuously get tested on a weekly basis. So for this time period where the healthy people are testing to try to fool the gov't, we may lower the percentage rate. But what happens the following weeks? The ones falling sick will still be getting tested, and suddenly the numbers will rise rapidly again. And what do you think the gov't will do then?

It's time to stop playing games, and instead try to find ways to color in the lines.

What does your last sentence mean? asking because I really don't understand what you're implying

The percentage rate is the magic number that determines our fate. But the ONLY way the percentage rate is an accurate reflection of the rate of disease in pur community is if EVERYONE tests OFTEN. healthy and sick. WIth and without symptoms. Which is obviously not possible for many reasons. It isn't fair to only have sick people testing, which artificially inflates the percentage of sick people. ANd it also is ridiculous to have ONLY health people testing. Which is why this whole testing this is ridiculous. They have to stop with it. The numbers are meaningless. Its just an excuse for our government leaders to take an insane amount of.power that they wouldn't be able to otherwise in a democracy.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 9:17 pm
It's sad, bc basically we're being punished for testing! The right thing to do is get tested so we know to quarantine. but if by testing we get shut down. ppl will stop testing. Bc no one wants to be responsible for life getting shut down.
They shouldnt use test results like that to punish the communities that are testing. Bc otherwise testing wills top.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sat, Oct 17 2020, 9:05 pm
So our %s are down in the red zone but theyve stopped publishing data by zipcode so being lumped with other neighborhoods isnt really a fair indication... 4% could be 2% here and 6% there... Let's see if closer to 14 days closed yields any indication of re-opening....

amother
Ecru

Post Sat, Oct 17 2020, 9:33 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
It's sad, bc basically we're being punished for testing! The right thing to do is get tested so we know to quarantine. but if by testing we get shut down. ppl will stop testing. Bc no one wants to be responsible for life getting shut down.
They shouldnt use test results like that to punish the communities that are testing. Bc otherwise testing wills top.

You're not being "punished."

Think about it. Most of NYC region has relatively low numbers, but a few small pockets are mush higher. Doesn't it make sense to you to try to have greater control over those small areas, in hopes of keeping it from spreading elsewhere.

The "problem" such as it is appears to be that all of the identified regions in NYC have large Jewish populations. Not a surprise based on the comments here about illegal schools, camps and social gatherings.

amother
Sienna

Post Sat, Oct 17 2020, 9:38 pm
so disturbing how cuomo and diblasio keep manipulating the zones/zipcodes/neighborhoods and the lack of transparency

and what's with this allowing of a crowded march?!

either theres a danger requiring serious restrictions or there is not

and how is closing schools supposed to help anything?
WHO and CDC said the kids are not the route of transmission and schools should be open!

Laiya

Post Sat, Oct 17 2020, 10:48 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:

The "problem" such as it is appears to be that all of the identified regions in NYC have large Jewish populations. Not a surprise based on the comments here about illegal schools, camps and social gatherings.

Well we don't actually know that, since as of now no actual definition for Cluster has been made known. The top of the list was Gravesend which has no real (any?) Jewish community.

pause

Post Sat, Oct 17 2020, 10:50 pm
Laiya wrote:
Well we don't actually know that, since as of now no actual definition for Cluster has been made known. The top of the list was Gravesend which has no real (any?) Jewish community.

As of right now Gravesend is still at the top of the list.

amother
Ecru

Post Sat, Oct 17 2020, 10:55 pm
pause wrote:
As of right now Gravesend is still at the top of the list.

And is in the red zone, as I understand it.

pause

Post Sat, Oct 17 2020, 11:00 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
And is in the red zone, as I understand it.

I'd love to see the two maps overlaid on each other, the one with the zones and the one with recent positive cases.

amother
Teal

Post Sat, Oct 17 2020, 11:13 pm
I'm assuming that they changed their methods now because so many other zip codes have much higher numbers then the Jewish ones, they continuously scapegoat.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sat, Oct 17 2020, 11:27 pm
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
I'm assuming that they changed their methods now because so many other zip codes have much higher numbers then the Jewish ones, they continuously scapegoat.

Show me where.

Here is the map from the New York Times:

https://www.nytimes.com/intera......html

Where do you see that other zip codes have much higher numbers than the Jewish ones?

Laiya

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 2:25 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
Show me where.

Here is the map from the New York Times:

https://www.nytimes.com/intera......html

Where do you see that other zip codes have much higher numbers than the Jewish ones?

NYS doesn't give a break down by zip codes, but there are counties with similar or higher rates that are not red zones.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics