Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Thinnest masks for kids
Previous  1  2

gold21

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 9:58 pm
kiwi strawberry wrote:
https://www.cissylala.com/products/anti-mask-mesh-face-mask?variant=32873364521046

I recommend the black one in kids size for a child, as well as the "mask adjustments" for an additional dollar.

Hatzlacha!

Thanks for this website. The two-ply mesh looks a little too see thru, I think? Not sure it would be considered acceptable. I could try! The three-ply mesh could work though.

By the way, this is for my preschool child. I do not believe in mandated mask wearing for such young children. It's just not okay. I know common sense is in short order these days, but the risk of spread from a child at this age is quite low, and many states acknowledge this in their mask mandates.

For myself, I wear a proper mask.

gibberish

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 10:02 pm
My kids like the Old Navy ones, but they are proper masks. You can also try the preschool sized disposable ones, my kids like those too

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 10:08 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
These
https://www.costco.com/32-degrees-kid's-unisex-face-cover%2C-8-pack.product.100669712.html

My kids just got these and really like them. Half the kids in their school wear them.

kiwi strawberry

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 10:16 pm
gold21 wrote:
Thanks for this website. The two-ply mesh looks a little too see thru, I think? Not sure it would be considered acceptable. I could try! The three-ply mesh could work though.

By the way, this is for my preschool child. I do not believe in mandated mask wearing for such young children. It's just not okay. I know common sense is in short order these days, but the risk of spread from a child at this age is quite low, and many states acknowledge this in their mask mandates.

For myself, I wear a proper mask.

This specific one that I linked to is actually even 1 ply, I'm pretty sure. All the other ones are 2 or 3, you can choose which one you want, but I think they are sold out of all of those right now. She makes more every few weeks. So this single ply one is a little see through which is why I recommend black over white since with white it's even more noticeable, and also for such young kids I think most schools just want to cover their backs, so if the kids are wearing a mask, they're happy, and won't say anything. Worse comes to worse they'll say it's not good so you'll have to start your search again.

gold21

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 10:22 pm
kiwi strawberry wrote:
This specific one that I linked to is actually even 1 ply, I'm pretty sure. All the other ones are 2 or 3, you can choose which one you want, but I think they are sold out of all of those right now. She makes more every few weeks. So this single ply one is a little see through which is why I recommend black over white since with white it's even more noticeable, and also for such young kids I think most schools just want to cover their backs, so if the kids are wearing a mask, they're happy, and won't say anything. Worse comes to worse they'll say it's not good so you'll have to start your search again.

Oh, the one you linked is the one ply? OK, I'll try the two ply. Thanks again.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 11:13 pm
My kids like the old navy ones.

gold21

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 11:16 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
My kids just got these and really like them. Half the kids in their school wear them.

I wanna check the link but it's not working for me

kiwi strawberry

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 2:31 pm
To the poster who private messaged me wishing me and my family good health and then went on to call me an uneducated idiot multiple times, and that I should do teshuva by taking down this link https://www.cissylala.com/ that I shared before it kills someone (her words), thank you for giving me the opportunity to work on my middos! Feel free to check out the table on page 4 of this link put out by the (heilig) CDC which shows that 3.9% of patients who never wear a mask get corona vs. the 70.6% who always wear one do get corona. Feel free to believe whatever you like, but the emes doesnt change, no matter how PC it may or may not be.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volum.....W2rKI

Oh, and I wish you and your family good health as well! Cheers

wiki

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 9:28 pm
Kiwi Strawberry, that's not an accurate read of the study you linked.

Of the people in the study who had tested positive for Covid, 70.6% said that they had worn masks at some point in the past two weeks. (But doesn't, like, everyone wear a mask sometimes lately?) It also showed that people who had dined in restaurants in the past two weeks were twice as likely to catch Covid as those who didn't.

The point is, and all scientists agree on this, wearing a mask is not perfect protection against contracting the virus. Its point is to protect other people around you rather than yourself. (That said, there are some studies that show that a mask might offer the wearer some protection also.)

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 10:09 pm
I made my preschool child a very breathable mask out of cheap bandana material. I refuse to abuse my child for the sake of pleasing ignorant fear-mongering elitists.

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 10:42 pm
gold21 wrote:
I wanna check the link but it's not working for me

Look up 32 degrees face masks. They have their own website.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics