Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Meoros bais yaakov and Neemas BY Info please!
Previous  1  2

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 6:23 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
That's not true neemas is not similar to tehilas chaya sara parent body. It's more similar to meoros and nachlas. They care a lot about tznius and not using social media.

I know people personally who went to neemas after not being able to get into either of the above mentioned for tznius reasons

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 6:25 pm
It would be dumb to promote one's own school here because applications are so competitive that people can't necessarily send to "your school" unless they have the right pull. It's not like you can convince someone to just choose your school because the reality in Lakewood is that you usually can't choose. Sometimes it's about having more connection or relatives in one place as opposed to another.

Good luck to everyone applying either way. At the end of the day these are all good schools with good girls.

sara111444

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 6:29 pm
Exactly and I know people who got into those two but didn't end up going because the standards at those two weren't up to par..point being, do research, and find people in the schools that you can trust and daven.It's a hard process.

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 6:30 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
I know people personally who went to neemas after not being able to get into either of the above mentioned for tznius reasons

And how do you know so much information about why people weren't accepted somewhere? I don't know who you are talking about so I can't answer this. But for everyone else the parent body is middle ground and no one shows up to school not fully tznius according to typical lakewood standards. I think you are doing a disservice to people spreading false information about a school that you don't seem to know very well. And like I said I don't care one way or another but you should verify negative information before you spread it. Especially since it's hard to get into schools and you are not helping the situation.

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 6:32 pm
sara111444 wrote:
Exactly and I know people who got into those two but didn't end up going because the standards at those two weren't up to par..point being, do research, and find people in the schools that you can trust and daven.It's a hard process.

Most who reject bem nachlas meoros are looking for schools more like bais faiga or bnos devora. Neemas is still too new to be an exact type but as much as they want to be more right wing, schools in their earlier years do end up taking more of a mix. Maybe already by this year they are being stricter, I don't know. I'm just giving honest opinion based on people I know personally in each of these schools. More of a mix is not necessarily a bad thing at least from my standpoint so I don't say that as a negative about Neemas at all

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 6:32 pm
Amazing how people are willing to bad mouth a school and claim to '' know'' why someone didn't get in. Seriously do your own research and good luck

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 6:34 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
And how do you know so much information about why people weren't accepted somewhere? I don't know who you are talking about so I can't answer this. But for everyone else the parent body is middle ground and no one shows up to school not fully tznius according to typical lakewood standards. I think you are doing a disservice to people spreading false information about a school that you don't seem to know very well. And like I said I don't care one way or another but you should verify negative information before you spread it. Especially since it's hard to get into schools and you are not helping the situation.

Like I said, I know these people personally. It wasn't a secret where they got in and didn't it's not a shameful thing in Lakewood most people get rejected somewhere if not everywhere, at least round one. Not negative at all I just would not mislead op by saying Neemas is more to the right of nachlas or meoros. It is possibly on par with meoros or trying to get there, definitely not more to the right of nachlas.

But again, parent body can overlap in each of these schools and they all try hard and do good things and have good girls. The nitty gritty is silly.

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 6:35 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
Amazing how people are willing to bad mouth a school and claim to '' know'' why someone didn't get in. Seriously do your own research and good luck

Badmouth a school by comparing to another?

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 6:39 pm
I send to Nachlas but a friend who is very in the know recommended neimas for us. He was very impressed by the hanhala and parent body.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 7:05 pm
I send to bnos Esther malka and they are definitely being careful who they take. They asked me about neighbors if the mothers are tznius and if the kids watch non jewish videos. I was honest with them. Mrs schorr and rabbi Gelman have so much experience u can’t compare it to neemas. My neighbor who sends to neemas is more to the left of me she dresses less tznius and her husband wears colored shirts and the kids watch videos. Every school has a mix.

tigerwife

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 7:09 pm
Every new school in lakewood starts off somewhere in the middle, and then, as they become more established and popular, move to the right. BEM, Nachlas, and Meoros are all way more selective of who they accept now versus when they started out.

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 9:37 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
Like I said, I know these people personally. It wasn't a secret where they got in and didn't it's not a shameful thing in Lakewood most people get rejected somewhere if not everywhere, at least round one. Not negative at all I just would not mislead op by saying Neemas is more to the right of nachlas or meoros. It is possibly on par with meoros or trying to get there, definitely not more to the right of nachlas.

But again, parent body can overlap in each of these schools and they all try hard and do good things and have good girls. The nitty gritty is silly.

I didn't say it's more to the right I said it's very similar to all the schools mentioned.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries