Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
I'm shocked

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 8:06 pm
https://www.dailywire.com/news.....demic

trixx

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 8:07 pm
Why so shocked? Patients in ny died of neglect. I can tell you first hand stories from family and Hatzalah members.

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 8:11 pm
Why are you shocked? They were working with basically no knowledge of a new and extremely contagious disease. Hospitals were extremely understaffed and the death rates were high. It's very logical that their efforts were intended to save lives by limiting the spread in the best ways they understood at the time. Now that there is more knowledge they are able to use a more moderate approach. The article is written with the intention to shock you, but nothing nefarious was actually happening.

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 8:11 pm
trixx wrote:
Why so shocked? Patients in ny died of neglect. I can tell you first hand stories from family and Hatzalah members.

That's not even what this article is about...

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 8:22 pm
My son works in the medical field
He and his coworkers immediately said that vents were more harmful than helpful
And so did many others

trixx

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 9:21 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
That's not even what this article is about...

I read the article. I'm saying, nothing shocks me about what went down in hospitals.

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Dec 21 2020, 9:26 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
Why are you shocked? They were working with basically no knowledge of a new and extremely contagious disease. Hospitals were extremely understaffed and the death rates were high. It's very logical that their efforts were intended to save lives by limiting the spread in the best ways they understood at the time. Now that there is more knowledge they are able to use a more moderate approach. The article is written with the intention to shock you, but nothing nefarious was actually happening.

If you are talking about NYC, there was no excuse for the hospitals being understaffed. There were so many doctors and nurses that signed up to work/volunteer in the covid units, and were never called into the hospitals. The hospitals should have utilized all available staff, and there would not have been so many deaths.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics