Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Update on my son
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 2:43 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
I'm from BP, not gonna start DR shaming here but Dr Adler Group, Dr Diamond Group, Dr Roth Group and even Bulmash group are all run clinic like. They have some nice Drs and some very incompetent ones. It wasn't until we had an extreme medical crisis that I cared about which office I was at.

This is BP. You wont really get the one on one out of town care from any pediatrician there. I was blessed enough to get into Dr Susan Schulman, she is second to none but unfortunately has made aliyah and closed her practice. her associate audrey joined Ezra Medical, is there any way you could try to squeeze your way in there?

She will listen to YOU, care for YOUR CHILD.

Frankly in all places listed above and obviously all PAs as well you are just a number and you have to be your childs advocate.

Now, have you explored the idea of the possibility that your child mightve swallowed a foreign object?? did you go for sonogram of his/her tummy?

Good luck and sorry that you feel alone here in BP

Dr. Norowitz is not clinic like at all. Worth the exrra few minutes longer walk/car ride out of BP

tweety1

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 3:02 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
I'm from BP, not gonna start DR shaming here but Dr Adler Group, Dr Diamond Group, Dr Roth Group and even Bulmash group are all run clinic like. They have some nice Drs and some very incompetent ones. It wasn't until we had an extreme medical crisis that I cared about which office I was at.

This is BP. You wont really get the one on one out of town care from any pediatrician there. I was blessed enough to get into Dr Susan Schulman, she is second to none but unfortunately has made aliyah and closed her practice. her associate audrey joined Ezra Medical, is there any way you could try to squeeze your way in there?

She will listen to YOU, care for YOUR CHILD.

Frankly in all places listed above and obviously all PAs as well you are just a number and you have to be your childs advocate.

Now, have you explored the idea of the possibility that your child mightve swallowed a foreign object?? did you go for sonogram of his/her tummy?

Good luck and sorry that you feel alone here in BP

If I'm correct Audrey is not a MD. I would only go to an MD.

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 7:53 pm
Virus can take time. Yes even longer than 7 days.
For me constant diarrhea / vomiting is a sign my kid can’t handle food right now. I would give nothing. After a few hours I’d try something like pretzels, toast or some Cheerios (no milk). I’d wait and see If he keeps it down I’d give some more.

Main thing is wet diapers. So keep him hydrated. Water or pediyalite. Teaspoons at a time if he won’t drink.

My toddler was sick when he was like 15/16 mos and it was scary. He refused food and couldn’t hold head up. After two weeks or so he drank 5 oz in a day and that was the start of feeling better. It was awful going through that but it passed. (Yes we were under dr care)

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 7:55 pm
yidishmamma wrote:
I know this might sound funny but my kids get diarrhea from bananas and not the opposite . Took me time to figure that out but when I told my mother in law she said my husband was that way too.
Just a thought and refua shalima to your son!

Mine too. And from ww bread. As in finish the slice run to the bathroom

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 8:28 pm
How’s your son doing?

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 9:22 pm
Wow. Mother's here tend to panic easily.

Appendicitis =he would be in severe pain. He isn't. Diarrhea is not a common sign of appendicitis. Appendicitis is also very rare under the age of 2.

Diarrhea = normal to last a week or two. His vomiting resolved, he's keeping down food and fluids, and his fever is gone. He sounds like he's doing great!

Probiotics- great advice. Florastor is great. Culterelle is another option. Buy it in a pharmacy or health food store.

Strep under age 2- no need to treat because there is no risk of rheumatic fever. Smart doctor who said not to give antibiotics to a child under the age of 2 while he's clearly having a viral gastro illness involving diarrhea. It's not that children under the age of 2 can't get strep. It's just that it's unnecessary and inappropriate to treat at that age unless they're very ill (which he's not), certainly not while he has diarrhea already (which antibiotics can worsen).

Hashem n Farfel, it sounds like your son is really doing ok. Give it some time. No need to run around to doctors. He sounds BH ok.

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 9:58 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
Dr Rosenfeld is not a Dr, PAs arent Drs. You need a MEDICAL DR to give his/her opinion here

Did you read my post at all??
I wrote PA Rosenfeld. Not DR Rosenfeld. And yes he is very experienced and very knowledgeable and on Hatzolah for many years and knows how to recognize emergencies.

Happydance

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 11:05 pm
I had something similar with my daughter, and it seems like it was a virus. She threw up on and off for 3 weeks. was lethargic. I was in such a panic, but ultimately it passed on its own.

PeanutMama

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 11:16 pm
Just logged on

It seems to be passing finally BH.
He had 3 dirty diapers and 4 wet diapers today.

BH!

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 11:28 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:

Strep under age 2- no need to treat because there is no risk of rheumatic fever. Smart doctor who said not to give antibiotics to a child under the age of 2 while he's clearly having a viral gastro illness involving diarrhea. It's not that children under the age of 2 can't get strep.

Totally unrelated to this thread I feel its important to make a psa about this. Many many many pediatricians today will treat strep even in babies as young at 6 months old. Due to some evidence that untreated strep can cause PANDAS in children as young as 6 months old (or younger) that later presents as ASD.
Talking from personal experience unfortunately.

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Jan 01 2021, 12:12 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
Totally unrelated to this thread I feel its important to make a psa about this. Many many many pediatricians today will treat strep even in babies as young at 6 months old. Due to some evidence that untreated strep can cause PANDAS in children as young as 6 months old (or younger) that later presents as ASD.
Talking from personal experience unfortunately.

I'm sorry for your experience but I have not seen any research at all stating this. I have seen many many children under age 2 with positive throat cultures who were not treated and suffered no long term ill effects.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics