Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Informal poll re masks
Previous  1  2

How did mask wearing and Covid cases correlate for you?
I wear a mask any time I'm out of my house or car, and I haven't had Covid  
 30%  [ 33 ]
I wear a mask everywhere outside home or car, and I did have Covid  
 5%  [ 6 ]
I wear a mask in all public places indoors, and I didn't have Covid  
 28%  [ 31 ]
I wear a mask in all public places indoors, and I did have Covid  
 14%  [ 16 ]
I never wear a mask, and I didn't have Covid  
 6%  [ 7 ]
I never wear a mask, and I did have Covid  
 5%  [ 6 ]
Other  
 9%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 109

imasinger

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 9:43 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
I am a healthcare worker. I’ve been working with Covid+ patients the entire time. I get tested 2x a week. I wear an N95, blue disposable, and a shield, plus a hospital gown over my scrubs and double gloves.
I wear a regular blue disposable mask 100% of the time when I’m out. I have 1 family in my quarantine bubble, where the husband has been vaccinated (like me), and the wife works from home (like my husband).
None of us have ever had Covid, BH, bli ayin hara! I’m so grateful.
Thank you, everyone, for doing your part.

And thank YOU! We don't say that enough any more.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 9:50 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
I am a healthcare worker. I’ve been working with Covid+ patients the entire time. I get tested 2x a week. I wear an N95, blue disposable, and a shield, plus a hospital gown over my scrubs and double gloves.
I wear a regular blue disposable mask 100% of the time when I’m out. I have 1 family in my quarantine bubble, where the husband has been vaccinated (like me), and the wife works from home (like my husband).
None of us have ever had Covid, BH, bli ayin hara! I’m so grateful.
Thank you, everyone, for doing your part.

Healthcare worker here too. Worked with COVID+ patients too and wore the full PPE getup. Also masked up everywhere outdoors, but didn't mask up indoors in my home. Husband refused to quarantine, and brought it home from shul during YT. And he gave it to me. So using my anecdotal experience, masks works. Dealt with CV patients one and one for weeks on end, wore a mask at all times and never caught it. Home during YT with no mask, DH brings it home from shul, and 3 days later I'm hit with it.

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 9:03 am
Here in Israel it's the law so I wear a mask on the street and in stores. You can get a ticket if you don't.
We've had Covid back in the summer. We got it from a cousin that came for shabbos. I don't wear masks in the house so I would have gotten it anyway.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 9:08 am
I don't know how to vote. I wear a mask indoors and outdoors only when there is crowded conditions, not alone in the mostly empty park or beach nor on my porch, especially in the heat. There was an exception or two. Like when the dr told me to remove the mask. I have had covid.

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 9:38 am
I agree that the poll doesn't reflect people who a) got covid before masks were a thing, and b) got it from someone in their own house. If your kid is in a pod at school and follows all the guidelines and brings it home, your mask wearing doesn't help you.

For the record, I would appreciate a "bli ayin hara" icon. Haven't had it though it was in my house before masks were a thing. A couple of my kids had real exposures and haven't brought it home. We'll see.

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 11:43 am
Ima4therecord wrote:
You can still spread covid even if you had covid or immune from covid because you were vaccinated....you can still carry the disease even if you can't get infected from it yourself.

I just want to point out that this is not proven and there is very little evidence to suggest that it is true. Here’s an excerpt from an article I just read about it. There is no definitive answer right now obviously but there is hope and scientific evidence to suggest that it’s not entirely the case. I’m not trying to change your mind- just to present a different view!

“...That’s the kind of thing scientists are worried about. But they’re also optimistic. “I suspect the answer will be that people will not be able to transmit — that the virus will protect from transmission, because I think there will be enough antibodies made that will neutralize the virus even at the mucosal surface,” said Dr. Warner Greene, senior investigator at Gladstone Institutes, an independent, nonprofit research lab in San Francisco. “But it is just a guess at this point,” he added.

It’s a guess Bhattacharya agreed with. The Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines have, after all, turned out to be much more effective than those tricky flu vaccines. “If you have a vaccine that’s 95 percent effective at reducing symptoms, there is no universe in which it wouldn’t also reduce the likelihood of transmission. It’s just not possible,” he said. “So we’re not talking about whether it reduces transmission or not, we just want to get an extent as to how much.”
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics