Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Agan Ha'ayalot, RBS Gimmel-2, Rehovot
Previous  1  2

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 1:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It sounds like she was sharing an individual experience of one family. Do you live there?

If there is a charedi/anglo/community-minded/working shul/kehilla, I would love to know more about it. Also schools that are slightly more open hashkafically than typical israeli charedi.

Neveh Yaakov is full of Americans. I knkw quite a few people there but I can't tell you about the shuls and schools and community.

israelmama

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 2:11 pm
Neve Yaakov is typical chareidi- there may be some families who are more hashkafically open but in general that is the mindset. There are secular, DL and chareidi there.

amother
Black

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 4:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This sounds really attractive! Thank you taking the time to share and explain this. In terms of integration programs for young kids, my oldest will iyH be going into 2nd grade. I know this could be catered to in the RBS schools. What about Rehovot? How do you feel the integration programs compare in the Etz Chaim Banot / boys cheder vs. the schools in RBS?

They would have some dedicated one to one time to help them with Hebrew and there will probably be at least one or two Anglos in their class, but it won't be the kind of soft landing they would get in RBS where most of their class would be Anglo. But, I think they are young enough that if thrown in with some support they would learn Hebrew relatively quickly Etz Chaim banot is quite small with about 20 girls in the first grade class, three or four Anglos. The menahelet speaks perfect English. It's a warm, fantastic school. The boys chader has been around a lot longer, the classes are bigger and the menahel doesn't speak English, but I think there are a few Anglo boys in the first grade. A girl would probably have an easier time adjusting.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 4:26 am
About Neve Yaakov - there are a lot of Anglos but not the working type you are looking for. There are a bunch of older Anglos and a bunch of younger ones where the husband is learning in Beis Yisroel, the yeshiva on Rechov Zevin. There are also a bunch of American-Israeli Anglos who speak English but were raised in chareidi Israel.

In the typical chareidi family there, whether Anglo or not, the husband is learning long term unless he becomes a rebbi and the mother works. The schools are typical chareidi Israeli.

There is one boys school called Bet Rabban which is "open" chareidi and teaches secular subjects. However the kids who go there are mainly bused in from Rechavia and honestly the locals consider it a "modern" school.

amother
Geranium

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 2:26 pm
Op, did you end up finding a neighborhood that fits your needs?

amother
Geranium

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 2:30 pm
Double post

amother
Geranium

Post Mon, Sep 25 2023, 5:58 pm
Op, did you end up moving?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions