Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Best things to buy at ikea?
Previous  1  2  3

Iymnok

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 2:11 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
Awesome!
Another check in the pro Aliya column!
Maybe this will tip the scale for DH.
(Unfortunately the other column has the jobs and B”H we have our parents, who are aging and depend on us- but maybe meatballs will make the difference !!)

Work at IKEA!

chanchy123

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 4:18 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
Honestly I'm not sure. I know in the past I've had help with configuring a besta unit. I moved homes last year right before lockdown and I went to IKEA the day before they closed - I didnt go to the showroom, just picked up what I needed straight from the warehouse area, I had measured it all at home before. Also I dont live in America, so my experience could be totally different anyway
But I've owned it for a while and its great, I have 1 section for the dirty laundry and 1 for clean and dry, and even when I'm running behind on washing or folding, eth is still organised

I second the grill pan too, love that it folds for storage.

Funny story: when we were in Israel my kids really wanted to eat in ikea, where we live it obviously isnt kosher and they thought it'd be really cool. The taxi driver taking us was trying to understand why we were going all the way to ikea just to eat (lol I agree with him now!) So we explained that we wanted to try it since we cant at home. He replied mah?? B'emet?? There is ikea not in Israel?? Truly shocking!

When DH turned thirty (ten years ago) we got a sitter for the kids and took the entire afternoon off. I asked DH what he wanted to do and of all the things we can have done and places we could have gone to he chose IKEA. I was like are sure?? But he was sure so we went to IKEA, I don’t remember if we bought anything but we certainly had dinner at their sit down cafeteria (it was just ok).
Actually this summer when they were just opening up from the first lockdown DH and I went to the new IKEA that opened up outside of Beit Shemesh and sat down at the cafeteria and had really really good cheese cake and coffee.
That IKEA is hysterical they have a mock sheitel macher shop as one of their model rooms.
DH loves the Swedish food shop and occasionally will pop in just for the herring, pickles, fruit pouches and snacks.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics