Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Help me interpret my antibody results!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 19 2021, 3:38 am
I got a result of 21. I know that one needs 150 to be considered "having antibodies".

Does having a result of 21 antibodies mean that I never had covid??

Thank you!

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Mar 19 2021, 5:22 am
I was told you need 15, not 150

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 19 2021, 6:17 am
I'm in Israel, with my results, it was written that one needs 150 to be considered positive antibody results.

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Mar 19 2021, 6:21 am
It means they cannot detect the amount of antibodies necessary.

Btw different tests have different numbers. In the US I needed 1.2.

Also you can be immune and have had covid but not have detectable immunity. Did you test positive? Have typical symptoms like shortness of breath and fever and cough?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 19 2021, 6:32 am
Nah, really didn't think I had itšŸ˜ just thought that a year after covid, I must've had some antibodies if I never got it yet!! But turns out, I've ever had it and got no antibodies!!

amother
Burgundy

Post Fri, Mar 19 2021, 7:29 am
Depends which test
On one type 21 does mean antibodies.
Call the lab and ask them. They will explain it to you.

amother
Lavender

Post Sat, Mar 20 2021, 5:02 pm
On the paper from the hospital it should say your results and then the range next to it. For instance, someone in my family when to Hatzala who uses Asaf Haroeh hospital lab and had a result of 62 but they say anything over 15 is positive and it also says positive on the paper! That has nothing to do with the kupat cholim and misrad habriut saying you need 150 or more to be considered recovered enough for a green pass. You still have antibodies and are considered recovered but it won't help you at the kupah. Another hospital, Ichilov, where my dh and I tested says under 50 is not recovered, 50-150 is borderline and over 150 is definitely recovered. All hospitals have different ranges.

amother
Olive

Post Sat, Mar 20 2021, 5:11 pm
21 is the number that a lot of my family got who didnt have antibodies

amother
Wine

Post Sat, Mar 20 2021, 9:32 pm
There are 2 different types of antibody testing and the number scales are different on both of them.

e1234

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 2:52 am
I was told over 150 gets you a green pass but lower numbers till mean you have coronal and over 60 should still be enough that you don't get it.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 6:42 am
e1234 wrote:
I was told over 150 gets you a green pass but lower numbers till mean you have coronal and over 60 should still be enough that you don't get it.
m

Thatā€™s so different than what I heard.! Iā€™m curious which country you live in?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics