Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
PSA: if you post a Florida picture I will unfollow you
Previous  1  2

DVOM

Post Fri, Mar 26 2021, 3:12 am
I don't follow or go on social media like instagram or Facebook, but I love seeing people's WhatsApp status pictures. Maybe because it's people I really know? Maybe because I'm not overexposed and saturated? I just find it fun to see what people are up to.

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Mar 26 2021, 7:25 am
It doesn’t really bother me, but what I don’t understand is why are you advertising that you have an empty house back at home? Seems like an open invitation for burglars

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Mar 26 2021, 7:27 am
Me too.
I’ll also unfollow you if you post a pic of your tablescape.

yo'ma

Post Fri, Mar 26 2021, 7:33 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Unless you are close family.
This post is written lightheartedly with no hard feelings.
Social media friends: if you post florida vacation pics starting today or yesterday, suitcase "what should I pack?" stories on insta, or pictures of the food you ordered in a Florida restaurant, I will unfollow you.
I think it's tacky.
During the rest of the year, if you want to post pics of Florida, go right ahead. But this week, my back is hurting, my legs gave out, my eyes are closing and the night is not yet over- so your Florida pics are downright irritating.
Ok, bye, chag sameach Smile

I think it’s tacky to unfollow a person because of that. I don’t have instagram or anything of the sort and have absolutely no interest in seeing or posting these things, even for just family, but why do you look it at them like showing off? I look at it like when you have something and only feels real if others know about it. The world knowing, is not my speed, but everyone is different.

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Mar 26 2021, 7:38 am
I recently went to Florida the right way. I went with dh, stayed at a hotel and ate out all meals. I only packed a carryon. And we left the kids home, they cooked/ordered food.

We once did Pesach in Florida. We went to a frum community and it was beautiful, but definitely not a vacation. I would do it agai, if given the opportunity, just for the beautiful weather.

4g01o

Post Fri, Mar 26 2021, 7:46 am
Yes who remembers going away just for the sole reason of having a great time?! Now it's people thinking we have to look like this and that, and take a picture every step of the way. And annoy the kids in the process. Doesn't sound like a great time to me. Don't look at others, concentrate on your own life. Bh I don't have Facebook, I'm so not interested. I do follow a few people on Instagram but businesses that I'm interested in. I don't ever post or look at others private life. Who cares?! Focus on you, and your family.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Mar 26 2021, 8:10 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
Oh please. If it was so hard people wouldn’t pay a lot of money to go to Florida.

Wrong. People do a lot of things for a lot of reasons. The reason I don’t go is precisely because it’s so hard. Otherwise I would love to go enjoy the warm weather.

amother
Violet

Post Fri, Mar 26 2021, 9:07 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
Wrong. People do a lot of things for a lot of reasons. The reason I don’t go is precisely because it’s so hard. Otherwise I would love to go enjoy the warm weather.

I’m in-laws live OOT in a community where the housing can’t really accommodate a lot of guests. When the family started growing DH brother starting going down to Orlando and inviting anyone who wanted to join. We went for 2 years and then took a 3 year break and this year we’ll be joining for half. It’s so nice for the kid’s but the adults work SO hard! I’m also an introvert and the constant “being around people” is very draining for me. Now there are a lot of services to get your food down for 7-8 years ago when we 1st went someone had to drive 15 hours or so just to get the matzah and wine down there. I also remember BIL putting together a minyan, can u imagine there were less than 10 frum families in windsdor at west side!

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Mar 26 2021, 9:43 am
Oh please. If it was so hard people wouldn’t pay a lot of money to go to Florida.

People pay money to do lots of things that are not that great. The best things in life happen to be free. The whole Florida vacation for pesach does not seem (or look ) appealing to me. I’d rather take a cheap vacation to florida when the place is not overcrowded with New Yorkers and it’s not Yom Tov so u can actually go out and do things like swim, bike , etc. Why pay so much money to sit in a villa wearing fancy clothes and eating pesach food ? I don’t understand it.

amother
Amber

Post Fri, Mar 26 2021, 9:58 am
Don't assume things. I'm going to Florida, but not to Orlando. I'm also not paying for a place to stay, And I'm not going for first days. (I didn't want to work so hard and slept everything down for the seder). I am going down for chol hamoed and second days. I am just going for a change of scenery.
Even just doing that, it's a lot of work. I am only doing it because DH and my kids want to go. I was perfectly fine staying home.
All in all, it's really not costing me a lot of money. Don't assume everyone who goes is spending a fortune and not working so hard.

amother
Khaki

Post Fri, Mar 26 2021, 10:47 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
Don't assume things. I'm going to Florida, but not to Orlando. I'm also not paying for a place to stay, And I'm not going for first days. (I didn't want to work so hard and slept everything down for the seder). I am going down for chol hamoed and second days. I am just going for a change of scenery.
Even just doing that, it's a lot of work. I am only doing it because DH and my kids want to go. I was perfectly fine staying home.
All in all, it's really not costing me a lot of money. Don't assume everyone who goes is spending a fortune and not working so hard.

We're talking about the people that advertise their every move. The whole world knows that they can't decide what to wear for dinner, it's their 3rd outfit of the day. They can't wear the same thing they wore to breakfast or lunch........ we also know exactly what they ate all day, what time they woke up, how theirs and their kids bedrooms look......

amother
Burlywood

Post Fri, Mar 26 2021, 11:28 am
mandr wrote:
And all the perverts out there love seeing your adoooorable kids in swimsuits. You’re providing free material for all those bored guys this time of year...

Puke Puke Puke Puke

Adela

Post Fri, Mar 26 2021, 11:52 am
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
In my community it’s not accepted to go away for Pesach, so maybe I really shouldn’t talk. But, I LOVE seeing pictures and hearing about extravagant Pesach getaways.
Please if anyone can, I’d love to hear how it’s going at your place? Food, weather, location.....

Me too! I also love seeing pictures!

DVOM

Post Fri, Mar 26 2021, 1:01 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
Me too.
I’ll also unfollow you if you post a pic of your tablescape.

Seriously? I LOVE seeing pictures of people's tablescapes. They're so beautiful and creative! What bothers you about seeing them?

amother
Azure

Post Fri, Mar 26 2021, 1:13 pm

Perhaps if you lived in Montreal for the past few months and had to live through curfew you'd understand why going to Florida and paying money for it was a better option.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette