Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Getting the covid vaccine
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 7:55 am
I'm very conflicted about whether to get the vaccine or not. I'm in my 40's. This is basically what I'm thinking.

Reason to get the vaccine:

I'd imagine it would be pretty uncomfortable to get covid. There's no way to really predict how bad it would be but I would definitely be scared if I tested positive.

Reason to not get the vaccine:

At this point 3 million people per day are getting vaccinated. It's probably a matter of weeks until covid is mostly gone. I think the vaccine is probably safe, but there's also no question that there was no long term study done on the vaccine. If I'd have asked anyone 2 years ago whether they would take a vaccine that didn't have a long term study, most people would say no. In fact, it would be considered unsafe to bring a vaccine to market that was lacking a long term study. The CDC and the FDA would be the first to acknowledge this. So how can anyone be certain of the long term effects of the covid vaccine? It seems impossible.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 8:05 am
There are tons of arguments and opinions on both sides in this thread. https://www.imamother.com/foru.....24572

Read it through first, and then come back here if you still have questions.

oneofakind

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 9:30 am
I just read that Isreali medical workers who were immunized early were tested 3 months later for antibodies and the numbers were low enough to be considered "unvaccinated".

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 9:58 am
I get you. I'm on the fence but I had a strong case of COVID. I think that had I never got COVID I'd be getting the shot at the first available chance. (I gave a slot to coworkers who haven't got it yet and may well get it after this week; I didn't want to take the risk of being out of commission for a day before or doing yom tov.)

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 10:04 am

There's no way to really predict how bad it would be. Some people had a runny nose for a few days, some end up in hospital. In your age group a lot more of the former than the latter. But there's no wat to really predict how bad it would be.

There was no long term study done on the vaccine. If I'd have asked anyone 2 years ago whether they would take a vaccine that didn't have a long term study, most people would say no. In fact, it would be considered unsafe to bring a vaccine to market that was lacking a long term study. The CDC and the FDA would be the first to acknowledge this. So how can anyone be certain of the long term effects of the covid vaccine? It seems impossible. ‐---------It is impossible.

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 10:30 am
I will NOT take it now. There is so much information that they are hiding.
I will only take it if I’m forced to, which is just a matter of time.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 10:32 am
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
I will NOT take it now. There is so much information that they are hiding.
I will only take it if I’m forced to, which is just a matter of time.

Same here!! And I actually know someone who passed away within a day of taking the vaccine so it for sure don’t sit right.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 10:38 am
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:

There's no way to really predict how bad it would be. Some people had a runny nose for a few days, some end up in hospital. In your age group a lot more of the former than the latter. But there's no wat to really predict how bad it would be.

There was no long term study done on the vaccine. If I'd have asked anyone 2 years ago whether they would take a vaccine that didn't have a long term study, most people would say no. In fact, it would be considered unsafe to bring a vaccine to market that was lacking a long term study. The CDC and the FDA would be the first to acknowledge this. So how can anyone be certain of the long term effects of the covid vaccine? It seems impossible. ‐---------It is impossible.

You seem to be anti the vaccine. Which is fine, but if you’re going to list all of the reasons to not get it, you should also list all of the reasons to get it, which you did not.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 10:39 am
Pfizer is seeing strong immunity at 6 months after the second dose in study participants.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 10:43 am
The vaccine is NOT FDA approved. It was just approved for an EUA (emergency use authorization) an EUA just means they "approved" this because theres nothing else available. I think its ridiculous that theyre pushing like crazy for everyone to take it when it didnt go through proper testing.

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 11:34 am
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
The vaccine is NOT FDA approved. It was just approved for an EUA (emergency use authorization) an EUA just means they "approved" this because theres nothing else available. I think its ridiculous that theyre pushing like crazy for everyone to take it when it didnt go through proper testing.

So tired of this.
Yes, its approved for emergency use. Eventually, it will be approved for non emergency use.
Vaccines throughout hiatory do not give long term effects. Side effects show up days to 6 weeks later. There have been millions and millions of doses given, over the past few months, with no significant concern.
MRNA, which is what everyone is so concerned about the "long term effects"....breaks down in your body and vanishes in a matter of hours. tops, a day or two. Thats the nature of mrna. It is unstable. It disappears. There are no long term effects.

All this long term effects talk is frustrating. This is not a medication that is being taken daily, that can build up in your system. This is mrna!! Literally goes in and self desructs!

Meanwhile, there are variants upon variants being created, that are killing younger people, pregnant people....israel had sooo many young pregnant women DIE these past few months, from the B117 variant. As soon as they introduced the vaccine, boom, all taken care of.

There are so many young people who had mild covid cases that now have long term, serious, health conditions. Covid is so serious, we know of so much harm that is associated with it even in young people, yet people are holding out against a vaccine because it hasnt been around long enough to demonstrate what all researchers know, that it doesnt build up in your body?

Go get vaccinated.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 11:37 am
At one point there was an article that they were seeing way more cardiac issues after people got the vaccine but then they deleted the article .

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 11:41 am
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
You seem to be anti the vaccine. Which is fine, but if you’re going to list all of the reasons to not get it, you should also list all of the reasons to get it, which you did not.

Nope, I quoted the opening post verbatim and added just a sentence to the pro & con list. I wanted to show the op what she said herself.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 11:43 am
amother [ Orange ] wrote:

I'm not understanding. There's only 1 reason to get the vaccine and I stated it. It will dramatically lower the risk of getting Covid.

Is there another reason?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 11:54 am

Another reason to not get the vaccine is that Covid is going away. Here in the US, 3 million people a day are getting vaccinated. Herd immunity will be achieved pretty soon. Some might say it's not fair that those that are afraid to get vaxxed are relying on others to create herd immunity, but it seems that most of the country is very willing to get the vaccine. They're not exactly being forced. My point is that hypothetically, if we knew Covid will be around in full force for another year, I might be more inclined to get the vaccine. Because the risk of catching Covid is decreasing by the day and will probably be miniscule in a few months, I'm leaning towards avoiding the vax. That being said I'm still not sure.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 11:57 am
What about all the new strains they are finding? They will say vaccine doesn’t help for those

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 12:00 pm
One popular blogger is posting stories on Instagram today after taking a long leave.
She received 2 doses already but was terribly sick with Covid the last few weeks.
But this won’t make the news....

So either the vaccine has more problems than we want to believe, or the Covid tests are inaccurately giving positives, which should raise a huge question about the real number of positives.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 12:12 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
One popular blogger is posting stories on Instagram today after taking a long leave.
She received 2 doses already but was terribly sick with Covid the last few weeks.
But this won’t make the news....

So either the vaccine has more problems than we want to believe, or the Covid tests are inaccurately giving positives, which should raise a huge question about the real number of positives.

Both are an issue!! But it’s being covered up and anyone who shows the truth is labeled an anti vaxxer

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 1:01 pm
Nope, I quoted the opening post verbatim and added just a sentence to the pro & con list. I wanted to show the op what she said herself.

If you’re going to take the time to elaborate on the con list by adding your own thoughts, then take the time to actually add pros to the pro list.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Apr 01 2021, 1:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm not understanding. There's only 1 reason to get the vaccine and I stated it. It will dramatically lower the risk of getting Covid.

Is there another reason?

You’re 100% right. It’s beneficial for yourself, the people you are in contact with, and the world so that it can get back to normal. I was responding to another poster who went on about the cons and left the pros out.
Do your own research. Then you can make an educated decision based on your findings, instead of taking conspiracy advice from anti vaxxers or hasty pushings from people who don’t know or care either way.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics