Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Where would you go on vacation in the USA now?
Previous  1  2

A_Mother_First

Post Fri, Apr 09 2021, 12:10 am
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
I think you are still better off with Las Vegas. The two parks are not that far apart. You can stay at Best Western East Zion Thunderbird Lodge in Mt Carmel, UT, which is about 15 min. from Zion and about an hour from Bryce. (Zion is a much larger park, so you will need more time there, but Bryce is absolutely amazing and not to be missed.) Las Vegas is 3-1/2 hours away, while Salt Lake City is about 4-1/2 hours away. (Thinking of doing this myself when I’m off in the summer.) It looks like the shuttle is running in Zion (with masks and reduced seating . . . )

Thanks so much for all this information!

A_Mother_First

Post Fri, Apr 09 2021, 12:16 am
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
About the virgin Island idea you can get one way tickets for about $100. It might be worth it to spend the money because the it is an amazing place, weather is always perfect and it is really not far. (when I booked in January I got round trip for $85! but those days are over)

This is an interesting idea.

crystal

Post Fri, Apr 09 2021, 12:32 am
Vail, Colorado. Magnificent!

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Apr 09 2021, 1:55 am
A_Mother_First wrote:
Thanks so much for all this information!

Let us know what you decide to do Smile

Iymnok

Post Fri, Apr 09 2021, 2:03 am
What about a random state in the south? The gulf states have beaches. I’m sure there is beautiful stuff in Mississippi, just never checked.

doctorima

Post Fri, Apr 09 2021, 9:42 am
Look into Palm Springs. It's near LA and SD, but totally different. The weather is phenomenal, and it's perfect for a refreshing getaway. There are no kosher restaurants, but if you don't want to be on your own for food, I believe the 2 Chabads there may offer takeout, or else you can fly into LAX (2 hours away) and stock up there.

A_Mother_First

Post Fri, Apr 09 2021, 2:04 pm
doctorima wrote:
Look into Palm Springs. It's near LA and SD, but totally different. The weather is phenomenal, and it's perfect for a refreshing getaway. There are no kosher restaurants, but if you don't want to be on your own for food, I believe the 2 Chabads there may offer takeout, or else you can fly into LAX (2 hours away) and stock up there.

Thanks for the idea. I just checked and the temps are in the 90's. A bit too warm for my comfort level...

Sara255

Post Fri, Apr 09 2021, 2:16 pm
Florida keys!! I would go all the way out to key west.

A_Mother_First

Post Sun, Apr 11 2021, 2:22 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
I think you are still better off with Las Vegas. The two parks are not that far apart. You can stay at Best Western East Zion Thunderbird Lodge in Mt Carmel, UT, which is about 15 min. from Zion and about an hour from Bryce. (Zion is a much larger park, so you will need more time there, but Bryce is absolutely amazing and not to be missed.) Las Vegas is 3-1/2 hours away, while Salt Lake City is about 4-1/2 hours away. (Thinking of doing this myself when I’m off in the summer.) It looks like the shuttle is running in Zion (with masks and reduced seating . . . )

Mistyrose,is there a way we can PM please? I would appreciate discussing this further.
Many thanks in advance.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics