Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Which would you prefer?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 9:21 am
One of my kids has been experimenting with cigarettes and vaping. I am not ok with any of it, but my not being ok won’t stop it, and neither will saying “you’re not allowed.”
So.....what would you rather for your child to use- regular cigarettes, menthols, or a vape?

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 9:34 am
Your child will probably use whatever he wants to regardless of your approval, but for me cigarettes is a big no no.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 9:37 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Your child will probably use whatever he wants to regardless of your approval, but for me cigarettes is a big no no.

So if you had to pick one, and your child would actually listen, you would pick cigarettes over menthols or vaping?

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 9:55 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So if you had to pick one, and your child would actually listen, you would pick cigarettes over menthols or vaping?

If I had to pick one, I guess I'd pick vaping over cigarettes. It think cigarettes are worse than vaping.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 10:10 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
If I had to pick one, I guess I'd pick vaping over cigarettes. It think cigarettes are worse than vaping.

Vaping is inherently more dangerous and, even in the short term, can irreperably (sp?) damage the lungs.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 10:33 am
Vaping is said to be more dangerous to the body than cigarettes.
It's also more dangerous because of the false idea that it's not real smoking so people think its better and do it more often, indoors.... don't need a fire to light it so super easy and accessible anywhere anytime.
Hatzlacha! Iyh it should be a passing phase that passes quickly and nothing worse/more difficult comes up!

Rappel

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 10:35 am
Depends what they're vaping...

PearlyGee

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 10:43 am
I always encourage dh to use cigarettes over vape (prefer none but got used to it and not the biggest deal)1. He is limited has to leave house/office for a cigarette vaping he could do anytime at anyplace. 2. Vapping is endless you go and go and go and don't stop most ppl don't light a second cigarette after the first if over. 3. Vape even the "good" ones could cause so many more side affect than cigarettes.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 11:23 am
https://www.bhf.org.uk/informa.....ettes

Research on which one is better.

TLDR? Cigarettes are super bad. Vaping is not great, and there's not enough research, but they're not as bad as cigarettes.

watergirl

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 11:26 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
One of my kids has been experimenting with cigarettes and vaping. I am not ok with any of it, but my not being ok won’t stop it, and neither will saying “you’re not allowed.”
So.....what would you rather for your child to use- regular cigarettes, menthols, or a vape?

How is your teen paying for this?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 12:01 pm
watergirl wrote:
How is your teen paying for this?

For now with their own money.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children