Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
What type of mishloach manos would YOU prefer to get
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 12:45 pm
Women around the world are working hard to come up with mishloach manos food that satisfy the mitzvah and that you and your family will enjoy. What would you prefer to get?

scruffy

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 12:46 pm
I love getting real food. Like veggies and a dip, soup, sesame noodles.

theoneandonly

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 12:49 pm
1. Real food
2. Homemade baked goods

amother
Pear

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 12:50 pm
Depends who it's from. If you consider yourself a good baker then send baked goods but don't send baked goods cus it matches your theme but aren't good at baking. Same with salads. Don't send a salad just cus your kids are dressing up as strawberries and lettuce if your salads are a waste of time. Know what you're good at

cheese cake

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 12:51 pm
Chocolate šŸ˜‹

amother
Holly

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 12:52 pm
Milchig chocolate

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 12:53 pm
Anything that does not come in a random container that I have to figure out a use for, because throwing it away will break my heart. I wish everyone would use those paper gift bags that are cheap and cheerful and donā€™t clutter up my apartment and cost .25 not $3 so I can toss (or reuse) without charata

amother
Opal

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 12:55 pm
I am very flexible.

1) It must include chocolate. Preferably milk chocolate. Other kinds are acceptable also.

2) It should be addressed to me, so I can take that chocolate and ensure that it is not eaten by any children or spouses.

3) It should include something yummy. This can mean potato chips, bissli, salami sandwiches, potato kugel, pizza, cheesecake, babka, salmon, shnitzel, meatballs, tuna sandwiches, blintzes, steak, etc.

4) The above should be clearly labeled with your name and any relevant kashrus information (fleishig, milchig, pareve, fleishig keilim, hechsherim used, etc.) so I can eat it and enjoy it.

5) If it is perishable, if should be delivered cold (or piping hot) so I don't have to worry about food safety.

6) It should have your name on it so I know who to thank.

7) You should not feel like I don't appreciate it when I reciprocate with a paper lunch bag with a few hamentashen and a clementine.

ftm1234

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 12:56 pm
amother Opal wrote:
I am very flexible.

1) It must include chocolate. Preferably milk chocolate. Other kinds are acceptable also.

2) It should be addressed to me, so I can take that chocolate and ensure that it is not eaten by any children or spouses.

3) It should include something yummy. This can mean potato chips, bissli, salami sandwiches, potato kugel, pizza, cheesecake, babka, salmon, shnitzel, meatballs, tuna sandwiches, blintzes, steak, etc.

4) The above should be clearly labeled with your name and any relevant kashrus information (fleishig, milchig, pareve, fleishig keilim, hechsherim used, etc.) so I can eat it and enjoy it.

5) If it is perishable, if should be delivered cold (or piping hot) so I don't have to worry about food safety.

6) It should have your name on it so I know who to thank.

7) You should not feel like I don't appreciate it when I reciprocate with a paper lunch bag with a few hamentashen and a clementine.

I love this LOL

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 12:59 pm
Veggies and dip
Chocolate
Easy finger food so I can enjoy on the go
Definitely not challah that I have to wash for

Cheiny

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 1:05 pm
amother OP wrote:
Women around the world are working hard to come up with mishloach manos food that satisfy the mitzvah and that you and your family will enjoy. What would you prefer to get?

Real food rather than junk, but store bought with hashgacha listed. Nothing unlabeledā€¦ if itā€™s homemade, should state whether CY, yoshon, whatever else is applicable.

I donā€™t think people realize just how many times stuff is tossed because thereā€™s no way of knowing the aboveā€¦. Someone I know who doesnā€™t keep CY sent cholov stam dairy meals to a neighbor sitting shiva who keeps CYā€¦ It had to get tossed. Itā€™s just a waste and baal tashchis but people should be aware that if you send homemade, it should satisfy the most stringent of kashrus standards so everyone can use it. And label it.

essie14

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 1:06 pm
Tzedakah card
I don't want or need anyone's food packages.

amother
Broom

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 1:16 pm
I love getting themed mm. Especially really creative ones.

Crookshanks

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 1:19 pm
I love getting salads and veggie platters šŸ˜Š

meyerlemon44

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 1:19 pm
I give uncut, nice fruit so I can give to everyone regardless of kashrus. I always get compliments on giving actual food instead of nosh from parents. (Kids can get and give nosh of course)

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 1:42 pm
Delete

#Happymom

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 2:19 pm
I love getting all MM!

Love the themed ones with tiny cellophane bags of bits of unrelated foods, because I love seeing the creativity.

Love the baked stuff because I eat it straight away.

Love love the real food, soup, dips, rolls because I will sit down on Purim and eat a good lunch!

And love the bought goodies because they go straight to the cupboard and eaten as snacks

mudpies

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 8:45 am
Real food. There's so much junk around on purim, it's a breath of fresh air to get something nutritious. Doesn't have to be super healthy, just not junk.
ex: I love salads, fruit/veg platter, pasta salads, even crackers and dips.

But it's good to hear that other ppl like chocolate, because that's easiest for me so that's what I send!

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 8:48 am
amother OP wrote:

Fruits I love getting pineapple or any fruit

little neshamala

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 8:50 am
Real food. Baked goods. Chocolate.

The only thing I really dislike receiving is candy.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics