Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
How do morahs get jobs? in NY
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

amother
Olive

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 8:49 pm
Ok, now I feel like op is just looking to argue rather than get actual practical advice.

Op, I wish you the best of luck. You've gotten the names of specific schools, as well as suggestions of where to look for ads, along with the good advice of having someone look over your resume. It's up to you to hold out for your desired school, though at some point you may consider expanding your search. If so, there are good tips already posted in this thread. Hatzlacha!

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 8:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
You can have your opinion, and I can have mine. There are also frum women who drink cholov stam. Does that mean I will stop drinking cholov yisroel? Of course not.

There are frum women who do not wear stockings. Does that mean I will go bare-legged? Of course not.

https://judaism.stackexchange......drive

It doesn't sound like Washington Heights is the right fit for you.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 8:51 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Ok, now I feel like op is just looking to argue rather than get actual practical advice.

Op, I wish you the best of luck. You've gotten the names of specific schools, as well as suggestions of where to look for ads, along with the good advice of having someone look over your resume. It's up to you to hold out for your desired school, though at some point you may consider expanding your search. If so, there are good tips already posted in this thread. Hatzlacha!

I never tried to start a fight. However, if someone insults me, then I of course have to respond.

amother
cornflower

amother [ OP ] wrote:
About five years

And during these 5 years, have you worked in a frum environment? Or you’re only going out to work now for the first time since becoming frum?

amother
Lilac

My response to your original post (without the rest of the baggage) would be:

To get a job, ideally, you decide where you would like to work, and you send out your resumes, follow up with phone calls, and try to get interviews.

Based on the rest of the thread:

OP, I really think it's important for you and your husband to find a shul you like, find a rov and rebbetzin you connect with, admire and respect, find a group of like minded friends (even if that means moving out to somewhere you consider the boondocks), and most of all, try to be more open-minded.

Hatzlacha

amother
Violet

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 8:52 pm
We don't pasken from stackexchange, much as the discussions there may be interesting.

Joining a religious community means finding a community and a rabbi. Of course, that would involve being willing to listen to someone else's opinions and to acknowledge that someone might have more insight than you do.

The longer you're frum, the more you will find nuances in religious practice.

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 8:53 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
It doesn't sound like Washington Heights is the right fit for you.

Hi fellow imas, we've gone through this before.
If it's getting annoying, you can always disengage.

I don't even know why I posted on this thread

amother
Olive

Post Sun, May 09 2021, 8:55 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
Hi fellow imas, we've gone through this before.
If it's getting annoying, you can always disengage.

I don't even know why I posted on this thread

Yeah no point in prolonging another circular thread.
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics