Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
How is it legal?
  Previous  1  2  3 6  7  8 12  13  14  Next

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 8:12 pm
I am a nurse. Even before COVID, I was required to have certain vaccines to attend school and work in a hospital. I can’t even give records of having the shots. I need titers to show antibodies for MMR, varicella, hepatitis B, and others. If I don’t show immunity, I am required to have these shots to be employed. I am also required to get a yearly flu shot, with no opt out. Some hospitals allow people with allergies to not get the flu shot, but they need to wear a mask for every second at work all flu season long. I have been a nurse for 20 years, and it has always even like this. Immigration requires shots too. The Pfizer shot is getting towards the end of its FDA approval process (not EUA). Expect a lot more of this once it is. No one wants another shut down, and vaccines are the way back to normalcy.

#BestBubby

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 8:12 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Nope. Not living in terror just don't want you infecting the vulnerable. Feel free to zoom and keep your diseases away from those who are most vulnerable. Thanks

The "most vulnerable" are at risk from many diseases, viruses and bacteria.

Many viruses don't even HAVE a vaccine.

So if they are anyway at risk, what is the big deal about one more (Covid19) - especially
as the risk is very low as herd immunity has been reached, mainly because so many people
already had Covid so cases are dropping.

southernbubby

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 8:28 pm
#BestBubby wrote:

So if they are anyway at risk, what is the big deal about one more (Covid19) - especially
as the risk is very low as herd immunity has been reached, mainly because so many people

We hope that they continue to drop but in highly vaccinated Seychelles, cases are rising, partially because of the unvaccinated part of the population and partly because the vaccine that they use is only 79% effective and 35% of their cases are in vaccinated people. The South Africa mutation may also be to blame.
I think that Covid is a big deal because it appears to now be as contagious as measles and can cause serious complications.
Some people are lucky enough to avoid catching the disease just like a small percentage of people exposed to measles don't catch it.
It has disrupted life more than anything else that has happened in my lifetime.

#BestBubby

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 9:42 pm
southernbubby wrote:

It has disrupted life more than anything else that has happened in my lifetime.

It was government over reach that has disrupted our lives. Not covid.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 9:49 pm
#BestBubby wrote:

Would #BestBubby's 2020 have looked about the same as #BestBubby's 2019 if the government didn't 'over reach"?

southernbubby

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 10:01 pm
#BestBubby wrote:

I was terrified of the virus after my healthy cousin succumbed to it on March 28, 2020. My desire to be with my family was stronger than my fear but when I started experiencing symptoms on October 7, 2020, I felt like an alien from outer space had taken over my body and it was very frightening. I wasn't affected by government overreach because at no point was I unable to access something important due to the government. The red zones in Monsey were stupid but the stores still did business.

southernbubby

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 10:03 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
Would #BestBubby's 2020 have looked about the same as #BestBubby's 2019 if the government didn't 'over reach"?

I think that keneinahora she avoided getting sick.

#BestBubby

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 10:05 pm

Pretty much.

The sharpest increase in Covid deaths were in those 65 and over. Most of this population
was retired and not in school.

So there was no need to shut down schools, shut down businesses, etc.

Only those over 65 or sick should have stayed home.

#BestBubby

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 10:06 pm
southernbubby wrote:
I think that keneinahora she avoided getting sick.

BH I have a good immune system.

Never had flu. Almost never have a cold.

I only wore masks when I had to and I worked among people all the time.

WhatFor

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 11:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
One is not allowed to discriminate against an individual based on a medical issue/condition.
Colleges can set guidelines for admission based on grades. They cannot set guidelines based on medical conditions. Saying anyone in a wheelchair is not eligible for admission is illegal.
Saying someone with a 3.4 GPA is not eligible for admission is legal.

Just curious. You sat down, had a think, and at the end of this thought process your takeaway was that someone in a wheelchair is analogous to someone who refuses to be vaccinated against Covid-19? How did you come to this conclusion?

Is it that the word "medical" is somehow relevant to both situations, so you thought that this would be a logically sound analogy? Or do you believe that someone in a wheelchair poses a health risk to students the way that someone who refuses to be vaccinated poses to the rest of the on campus population? Is it your belief that people in wheelchairs are more likely to spread disease? Or do you think perhaps that maybe those two situations are not analogous at all?

southernbubby

Post Mon, May 10 2021, 11:53 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Pretty much.

The sharpest increase in Covid deaths were in those 65 and over. Most of this population

But it also killed all sorts of working people. I don't think that small businesses needed to be shuttered for months but many types of industry were hard hit and it wasn't just a minor inconvenience such as a few workers home with the flu.
Most people don't have such good immune systems.

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 12:00 am
#BestBubby wrote:
Pretty much.

What would you have done differently in 2020 vs 2019?

GetReal

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 12:39 am
Newsflash!
The vaccine will be mandatory for SUNY students ONLY ONCE THE FDA GIVES FULL APPROVAL.

“The State's new vaccination requirement—contingent on full FDA approval—will be another step in restoring normal campus activity this fall."

https://www.suny.edu/suny-news.....0-21/

#BestBubby

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 1:04 am
What would you have done differently in 2020 vs 2019?

If I were Governor?

I feel it was reasonable to shut down for a month or so as it was called a "new" virus.

After that, I would have re-opened completely while ADVISING (not forcing - this is a FREE country)
those over 65 to remain at home.

I would have made Hydroxycloroquine an over the counter drug and advise those at high risk
to take it prophylactically (prevention).

I would also recommend everyone take zinc, vitamin d, vitamin c.

And wash hands frequently.

Shuly

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 8:04 am
Wait, who died from the vaccine?

amother
White

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 8:15 am
Shuly wrote:

Nobody

amother
Olive

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 8:40 am
southernbubby wrote:
But it also killed all sorts of working people. I don't think that small businesses needed to be shuttered for months but many types of industry were hard hit and it wasn't just a minor inconvenience such as a few workers home with the flu.
Most people don't have such good immune systems.

Many people also died from negligent and poor care which greatly inflated the covid deaths.

angelgirl

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 8:43 am
#BestBubby wrote:

I’m really sorry but this is unfair and out of order. What’s the big deal about people catching a virus and possibly dying? Are you seriously asking such a thing? You need to look deep within yourself and examine your morals.

southernbubby

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 9:09 am
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Many people also died from negligent and poor care which greatly inflated the covid deaths.

Is this also true in Israel and other countries?

Shuly

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 9:32 am
Shuly wrote:

amother [ White ] wrote:
Nobody

Exactly!

Next question, who died from Covid?

I rest my case.
Page 7 of 14   Previous  1  2  3 6  7  8 12  13  14  Next Recent Topics