Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
S/O Imamother meet up
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Would you identify your username?
Yes  
 30%  [ 36 ]
No  
 69%  [ 81 ]
Total Votes : 117

#Happymom

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 2:03 am
Hey israeli imas! can we do the meet up in the next three weeks? bc I'm moving back to england soon and I'd love to join!! maybe you all wanna come to Givat Zeev?

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 2:14 am
Success10 wrote:
I'm game. Possibly. But it's in Jerusalem, yea?

I'd come as well.

Since israelis have their own forums and there's less people I feel like I actually know many many more of the israelis here.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 2:15 am
#Happymom wrote:
Hey israeli imas! can we do the meet up in the next three weeks? bc I'm moving back to england soon and I'd love to join!! maybe you all wanna come to Givat Zeev?

That's quite out of the way - lots of people live in Bet Shemesh, Beitar, The Gush, all over - Jerusalem is much more central.

Elfrida

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 2:59 am
I've just opened a thread discussing this on the Israeli forum

sub

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 4:11 am
Can I join the meetup if I am visiting in june/ july?

Elfrida

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 4:17 am
Probably. I doubt anyone will object.

It's all being discussed now in the Israeli forums, but send me a pm to remind me and I'll let you know if/when anything is settled.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 4:46 am
I'm not worried to let people know who I am IRL. Several posters have met me in person already.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 4:48 am
If those is israel are meeting up, I think all of us in the tristate area should do the same! Otherwise I’ll have fomo

singleagain

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 4:51 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If those is israel are meeting up, I think all of us in the tristate area should do the same! Otherwise I’ll have fomo

Okay... But where in tristate?

As a Jersey person who drives. I prefer Jersey. North bc south is far. But ppl who do t drive prob want subway accessable....

trixx

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 5:28 am
singleagain wrote:

As a Jersey person who drives. I prefer Jersey. North bc south is far. But ppl who do t drive prob want subway accessable....

Brooklyn, where else, there is nothing else in the tri-state area

dankbar

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 5:34 am
We did one a while back in Boro Park. It was fun to meet up & see the faces behind the screen names

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 5:35 am
Several years ago I hosted a meet in Baltimore.

number

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 5:49 am
alwayssmiling wrote:
Yup. Since I learnt about blocking posters I e been wondering how many posters have blocked me already. And sometimes, when my posts arent liked I'm sure someone is pming everyone not to like my posts. Probably due to my insecurities and social pressure and anxiety but I wouldn't attend such a meetup
I can pretty much guarantee that no one has you blocked. You’ve never been nasty to anyone (at least that I’ve seen). And I don’t think anyone sends pms telling others what posts they should and shouldn’t like.

number

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 5:52 am
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
If I did I’d stupidly mention my Hebrew name and not my username (never been to a meet up) so nah won’t risk it lol. I would love to see faces behind the usernames tho haha.

There hasn’t been a meetup in a while so I’m sure it would be many people’s first meetup.

Elfrida

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 5:58 am
singleagain wrote:

Just worth noting that this is a public forum, visable to anyone who happens to be browsing the internet. If you are making serious plans, basic internet security would reccomend that you make them in one of the member only forums, to minimize the risk of unwanted visitors. Especially if you go to someone's house.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 6:06 am
dankbar wrote:
We did one a while back in Boro Park. It was fun to meet up & see the faces behind the screen names

Yup. That’s when I met you. Was about 2 years ago, I think.

singleagain

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 6:16 am
Elfrida wrote:
Just worth noting that this is a public forum, visable to anyone who happens to be browsing the internet. If you are making serious plans, basic internet security would reccomend that you make them in one of the member only forums, to minimize the risk of unwanted visitors. Especially if you go to someone's house.

I would never host at home anything like this... I wouldn't go to anyone's home either. Since this a are opening up if suggest it at a restaurant or something.

I was just pointing out that tristate is a big area

amother
Green

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 6:22 am
If you won't share your screen name, what's the purpose of meeting?
I mainly want to meet the popular posters. Not so much the quiet listeners on the forums.

trixx

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 6:29 am
BTW I voted no
But actually if the option of viewing old posts was deleted, then maybe yes. Bc then I'd just be more conscious moving forward and not have to worry about everything I've ever posted on this site (6+ years here)

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 6:42 am
I’m pretty sure that as in the rest of my life, some would love to meet me and some would not. Thankfully, I get to choose my friends and so do you. I’ve met a few folks from here over the years and it was a pleasure.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics