Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Do you give your kids hotdogs?
Previous  1  2  3

Do you give your kids hot dogs?
Often  
 24%  [ 59 ]
Never  
 10%  [ 26 ]
On occasion  
 64%  [ 157 ]
Total Votes : 242

mha3484

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 10:39 am
Sure we call it a sometimes food. Once a month or so I buy no nitrate hotdogs (Romanian are the best) or A & H makes an uncured sausage that we really like.

mizle10

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 12:11 pm
amother [ Feverfew ] wrote:
Never. I think it goes against vemeod shamartem.

Btw, I do let my kids have regular cake and ice cream (no more than once a day). I feel like hotdogs are in a different category though.

If you do give your kids hotdogs, please cut them up in little pieces so the kids won't choke. They are one of the main choking hazards in kids 5 and under.

It’s more important to slice it down the middle than to cut into small pieces. It’s the round shape that’s a choking hazard. Small circles are still a choking hazard.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 12:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
And from what age? My lo has a hot dog tonight and asked for more! But it's so unhealthy.

Now you know she/he likes them!
I absolutely love hot dogs. When we had them for dinner as a growing kid I used to eat more than just 2Smile
Now when I serve them I have 2.
Nothing wrong with hot dogs. I actually am far from a health nut, but I once listened to a health speaker speak about the unhealthiest foods on the market. She claims its Rice cakes What
And that franks are the HEALTHIEST
lol
For this reason, and many others, I am no health nut. Everyone has their own opinions, and most of the times theyre all contradicting
I do what my mom did:) - tried and true on me & my sibs. Cant go wrong lol

doodlesmom

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 10:33 pm
I personally don’t mind when my kids have hot dogs but dont want it as the only protein in the meal, so if I grill it I serve cutlets or burgers as well.

Otherwise I sauté onions, with dark cutlet nuggets and spices, and then add slice franks to it. (Sometimes potatoes as well.). THe franks add flavor to he chicken.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 10:42 pm
amother [ Lemonchiffon ] wrote:
I consider them healthier than pasta and cheese. Or pizza. We buy the uncured nitrate free ones with the least amount of additives. We have them about once every 2 weeks. No buns, round it out with sweet potato fries, grilled vegetables, guacamole, fermented sauerkraut

Surprised you think they're healthier than cheese or pizza. The white flour is pizza isn't great, and ok there's sugar in the sauce, but cheese is a pretty good protein with fat, no? Maybe for adults it's too much fat, but for kids I always thought of cheese as a good healthy snack.

Now hot dogs, nitrate free is less terrible, grilled vegetables and the other sides are great, but does the hot dog itself have any nutritional value?

#BestBubby

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 10:43 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
Hot dogs are healthier than cake, cookies, candy, pizza, pasta, potatoes, etc.

I doubt they are healthier than potatoes which is made by Hashem and not processed food.

But probably healthier then the other nosh.

amother
Black

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 11:24 pm
amother [ Lemonchiffon ] wrote:
I consider them healthier than pasta and cheese. Or pizza. We buy the uncured nitrate free ones with the least amount of additives. We have them about once every 2 weeks. No buns, round it out with sweet potato fries, grilled vegetables, guacamole, fermented sauerkraut

Which brand? I would love to buy.

HonesttoGod

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 11:39 pm
Cannot remember the last time I cooked / even bought hot dogs. I can’t stand the smell (or look)

If we order takeout on occasion, my kids sometimes will choose a frank and bun. Or if we go somewhere for a Bbq. But it’s not often at all.

momof2+?

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 12:00 am
HonesttoGod wrote:
Cannot remember the last time I cooked / even bought hot dogs. I can’t stand the smell (or look)

If we order takeout on occasion, my kids sometimes will choose a frank and bun. Or if we go somewhere for a Bbq. But it’s not often at all.

A bit dramatic, no?
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics