Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Can't find the right tone to speak about healthy eatinn
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Mayflower

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 3:06 pm
amother [ Electricblue ] wrote:
I had an almost identical situation growing up, the doctor told me I could stand to lose a few pounds because I had heavy bones so the number on the scale made it look like my BMI was too high. This sent me on a vicious cycle of disordered eating, binging and purging, and anorexia. Please, please proceed with caution.

I am so sorry for what you went through. There's a common myth that people with eating disorders are thin. The reality is that eating disorders are more frequent among people who actually weigh more. In one of the stories in the article I linked, a woman's mother brought her to the ER because she wasn't eating and was fainting, etc. The doctor told her to keep it up (regarding weight loss).

amother
DarkOrange

Post Mon, Dec 06 2021, 3:34 pm
amother [ Mayflower ] wrote:
I am so sorry for what you went through. There's a common myth that people with eating disorders are thin. The reality is that eating disorders are more frequent among people who actually weigh more. In one of the stories in the article I linked, a woman's mother brought her to the ER because she wasn't eating and was fainting, etc. The doctor told her to keep it up (regarding weight loss).

With me I was thin!! I was a size 2 but I have a big tush so my skirts were 4-6. The other women who responded to me also seem to have been thin but our build isn't slim. Our build is more broad and thick.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics