Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Duane syndrome
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 5:27 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
Lol! You are a cute mother and are definitely overthinking this 😀. She is not going to get annoyed by any mobile any differently than a baby without Duane syndrome. She naturally compensates, and sees the world just like everyone else.

Thank you 🙂 this answer was very helpful.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 5:29 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
To those who have a child with Duane Syndrome, when did you tell them they have it? At what age? Or those who have it, when did you find out?
My child was also recently diagnosed.

Won't it be obvious for the child since they will be going to all those dr . appointments? How old is your child?

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 6:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Won't it be obvious for the child since they will be going to all those dr . appointments? How old is your child?

Yeah, my DS is going to the eye doctor since he's a year old. He knows that he needs to sit on the right side of the classroom. He knows he needs to turn his head instead of crossing his eye.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 01 2022, 8:18 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
To those who have a child with Duane Syndrome, when did you tell them they have it? At what age? Or those who have it, when did you find out?
My child was also recently diagnosed.

Bumping this thread up cuz as the OP I am also curious about this.
My delighted is 2 now and lately I have noticed her doing things like covering up her left eye with her hand or purposely not turning her head when she looks at something- it’s obvious she’s realizing things look funny sometimes- but she isn’t old enough to be able to explain that to me quite yet.

I also have a separate questions. Her eye looks smaller than the other. Does that get more drastic over time or stay the same?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics