Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
FYI

montrealmommy

Post Sun, Apr 13 2008, 5:27 am
Dh just reminded me of some things I had forgotten and I thought I would share. These notions/halachic reminders come from the following Rebbeim: Rabbi Merling of Agudath Israel Montreal, Rabbi Kulefsky Rosh HaYeshiva of Ohr Somayach Montreal and Rabbi Zimmerman Rav and Dayan in Monsey (now in Gateshead, I believe). I something came fomr one specific perosn I will attribute, otherwise presume more than one of the aforementioned said it.

1. you cannot say on Shabbos that you will do something for Pesach, ex. I am going to nap now so I will be awake for the seder. This goes for children as well, you canno tell your child to nap or s/he cannot stay up for the seder!

2. non self-cleaning ovens must be cleaned and kashered as per usual. When cooking/reheating foods on YT in the oven they need to be covered. The reason for this is that the temp. necessary to truely kaher le Pesach an overn in approx. 700 degrees and most ovens have a top heat of 500. (R' Zimmerman)

3. oven doors that have windows need to be covered b/c the glass is heat resistant and does not get overly hot, esp. not to the temperatures needed for kashering. (R' Zimmerman)

4. Seder prep should be completed before Shabbos to avoid inadvertant stress or prepping for YT while it is still Shabbos, also, this will allow you (the woman) to relax and wait restfully for family/guests to come. It also allows the seder to begin without delay.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Apr 13 2008, 6:44 am
thanks for the tips. im going away first days iyh so that makes it a little easier

YALT

Post Sun, Apr 13 2008, 6:56 am
boy! If only my mother knew that first halacha when I was a kid!!!!

grin

Post Sun, Apr 13 2008, 7:21 am
you can promise the kids a treat instead.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics