Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Fyi Reddit is having a field day with all of the new posts
Previous  1  2

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 1:54 pm
Fox wrote:
Because those Reddit subforums are viewed by some very, very bad people who do not "live and let live."

Who are those people?
And remember, whoever "they" are can also access Imamother. So what's the difference?

Fox

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 2:29 pm
amother Tangerine wrote:
Who are those people?
And remember, whoever "they" are can also access Imamother. So what's the difference?

There are lurkers on the Reddit subforums who are connected to violent activists -- the kind of people who have multiple restraining orders out against them. Since the Reddit subforums have engaged in doxxing, these people can target individuals in a variety of ways.

Could "they" also access parts of Imamother? Sure. But they tend to be active on Reddit in the first place, so they're more likely to stumble across these subforums.

I can only speak to my own experiences (and, of course, the Redditors claim I'm lying, lol!). There are still a couple of activist types who stalk me on other platforms intermittently. I was able to get two Twitter accounts suspended because of targeted harassment, though I'm sure they're back with alts. And there's one with whom I've become cautiously friendly.

I'm very fortunate. I work for a family business, and I have friends who are experienced in dealing with this kind of stuff. But they've threatened to doxx Imamothers to their employers, etc. That goes beyond harmless kvetching.

Cheiny

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 2:36 pm
singleagain wrote:
I fail to see how them talking about us on here. Is any different than someone starting a thread about an instagrammer here.

Hardly the same. Many of them are horrible people who have impersonated some of us, they malign frum people (some are otd and very angry), etc.

Cheiny

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 2:37 pm
amother Glitter wrote:
I think we all have to assume that anything posted on here does not stay within the community. There are plenty of lurkers and regular google searches frequently link to imamother. Additionally, I am sure that for every legitimate imamother who comes on here for companionship, advice, chizzuk, and validation there are men who have passed the quiz for getting a screen name and others who just plain enjoy stirring the pot. That's the internet.

Yup. My friend told me a guy she knows told her he comes on here regularly.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 5:15 pm
Fox wrote:
There are lurkers on the Reddit subforums who are connected to violent activists -- the kind of people who have multiple restraining orders out against them. Since the Reddit subforums have engaged in doxxing, these people can target individuals in a variety of ways.

Could "they" also access parts of Imamother? Sure. But they tend to be active on Reddit in the first place, so they're more likely to stumble across these subforums.

Yes the fact that they choose to post this stuff on Reddit is an indication that they’re not very bright. They could easily create a private group to chat. But no, they need to do it on Reddit, on a wide open subreddit.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 5:15 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Yup. My friend told me a guy she knows told her he comes on here regularly.
Better than a rabid antisemite

Queen Of Hearts

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 5:37 pm
Fox wrote:

I can only speak to my own experiences (and, of course, the Redditors claim I'm lying, lol!). There are still a couple of activist types who stalk me on other platforms intermittently. I was able to get two Twitter accounts suspended because of targeted harassment, though I'm sure they're back with alts. And there's one with whom I've become cautiously friendly.

I'm very fortunate. I work for a family business, and I have friends who are experienced in dealing with this kind of stuff. But they've threatened to doxx Imamothers to their employers, etc. That goes beyond harmless kvetching.

This is frightening.
How can they doxx Imamothers if they are anonymous?
Do they have access to an ip address or personal info?

Miranda Wright

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 8:48 pm
Sweetmommy wrote:
This is frightening.
How can they doxx Imamothers if they are anonymous?
Do they have access to an ip address or personal info?

If you post enough personal information, people can put two and two together. The frum world is very small.

amother
Crystal

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 10:04 pm
amother Glitter wrote:
I think we all have to assume that anything posted on here does not stay within the community. There are plenty of lurkers and regular google searches frequently link to imamother. Additionally, I am sure that for every legitimate imamother who comes on here for companionship, advice, chizzuk, and validation there are men who have passed the quiz for getting a screen name and others who just plain enjoy stirring the pot. That's the internet.

I wonder how many people got here from random google searches...
I found Imamother after looking up a kugel recipe or how to freeze kugel or something LOL
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics