Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Calling all nurses- what do you do?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 9:21 am
I'm going to speak to my rav but I'm curious what other nurses do.
I am in nursing school and doing my clinical rotation for L&D. So you need to wear the hospital issued scrubs. My school is being super accommodating and are seeing if I could wear a skirt over or a long scrub top. I know many people just wear the scrub pants and get a heter but Im not super comfortable with that. I'm just curious what other L&D nurses do or what you did during your clinical.

Petra

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 9:41 am
There are scrub skirts. For the sake of tznius I’d recommend scrub skirt over scrub pants.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 9:42 am
Petra wrote:
There are scrub skirts. For the sake of tznius I’d recommend scrub skirt over scrub pants.

So that's what I have been wearing but they said I need to wear the hospital issued scrubs for this rotation, but I asked if I can wear a skirt over and they are getting back to me. Thanks!

amother
Cherry

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 9:53 am
They require you to wear hospital scrubs because they are sterilized. Some of the nurses I know in L&D either made their own scrub skirt/pants situation that they have the hospital wash or just wear scrub pants.

amother
Thistle

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 9:55 am
FYI we are currently wearing full PPE with a paper/plastic gown.

amother
Amaranthus

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 10:03 am
I wore pants, but know other nurses who wore the disposible gowns over pant scrubs.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 10:11 am
Thanks everyone! I appreciate the input.

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 10:12 am
I wear scrub skirts but when I have to go into the OR, wear a large scrub jacket / gown (it should be easy to find a box in the unit near the OR) over my hospital scrubs.

amother
OP

amother [ Thistle ] wrote:
FYI we are currently wearing full PPE with a paper/plastic gown.

Good to know! My clinical instructor said as students we may not have the gowns due to there not being enough.

amother
Snapdragon

I wore a (long enough) scrub skirt over tights for regular rotations. When I did my OR observations, we needed to wear hospital issued scrubs that were sterilized. I spoke to my clinical professor (a kind and accommodating woman b"H) about it and the hospital dug up an old scrub dress. Got a lot of comments from the older nurses lol! I strongly recommend discussing this in advance, not when you are about to go onto the floor.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 10:15 am
amother [ Snapdragon ] wrote:
I wore a (long enough) scrub skirt over tights for regular rotations. When I did my OR observations, we needed to wear hospital issued scrubs that were sterilized. I spoke to my clinical professor (a kind and accommodating woman b"H) about it and the hospital dug up an old scrub dress. Got a lot of comments from the older nurses lol! I strongly recommend discussing this in advance, not when you are about to go onto the floor.

I just spoke to my clinical instructor and we are trying to have it figured out prior to my rotation (which starts in 2 weeks). Thank you!!

Elfrida

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 10:27 am
Studied in Israel. Student uniform was skirts, whatever department we were in. When we had a couple of days observation in OR, we were given sterile scrubs and they automatically handed out gowns to wear over it. I never even thought if it as an issue.

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 2:10 pm
I think there should be an option for a long scrub jacket- that’s what I wore when I had a couple clinical days in the OR. I was glad to have too- it was so cold in there!

observer

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 3:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Good to know! My clinical instructor said as students we may not have the gowns due to there not being enough.

Maybe you can purchase your own PPE gowns and wear it on top? Unless that's anti-protocol.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics