Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Unscented lume deodorant is actually strongly scented

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 10 2022, 5:32 pm
I’m so disappointed. I specifically bought “unscented” lume deodorant. The roll on, not the stick. And it has a disgusting scent. Why do they call it unscented if it’s really not?
For the record, the unscented stick is really unscented. But I didn’t know that the roll on isn’t. Now I’m stuck with a couple of unscented horribly scented ones and they are expensive! Not impressed!

amother
Mocha

Post Thu, Feb 10 2022, 5:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m so disappointed. I specifically bought “unscented” lume deodorant. The roll on, not the stick. And it has a disgusting scent. Why do they call it unscented if it’s really not?
For the record, the unscented stick is really unscented. But I didn’t know that the roll on isn’t. Now I’m stuck with a couple of unscented horribly scented ones and they are expensive! Not impressed!

Return them and demand your money back!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 10 2022, 5:35 pm
amother [ Mocha ] wrote:
Return them and demand your money back!

Its a pain to return such type of purchases but I’ll try.

chanatron1000

Post Thu, Feb 10 2022, 5:39 pm
"Unscented" is a tricky word. It means that any fragrance ingredients included are there to neutralize or mask the scent of other ingredients. "Fragrance free" means there is no fragrance added, but even then, ingredients added for other purposes can still have a scent.

zaq

Post Thu, Feb 10 2022, 6:41 pm
"unscented" doesn't mean it has no smell; it means it has no added fragrance. (Just like dried fruit that have "no added sugar"--they have plenty of their own naturally-occurring sugar.) Now you know why fragrance is added to so many personal-care and home-care products: to cover up their unpleasant natural odors. For example, lanolin, used in many rich creams and lotions, is the grease from sheep wool and smells like...sheep. Many other chemicals, synthetic and natural, smell awful, and if the products were not scented, people would react exactly as you did.

causemommysaid

Post Thu, Feb 10 2022, 6:42 pm
Give it a minute to dry. After it dries on the skin there is zero smell. I've tried it. I know what you mean. The smell goes away after a few minutes.

causemommysaid

Post Thu, Feb 10 2022, 6:44 pm
And if you still hate it and don't want to return it, I'm happy to take it off your hands and pay you the shipping costs Smile

singleagain

Post Thu, Feb 10 2022, 7:03 pm
I use the warm vanilla. I don't even smell the vanilla. It's very mild

smss

Post Thu, Feb 10 2022, 7:38 pm
I know it stinks and doesn't work

icebreaker

Post Thu, Feb 10 2022, 7:42 pm
It doesn’t smell when it’s dried. I used the in scented and once it’s dry, you can’t even notice it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics