Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Eating very low carb and not seeing results
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 9:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I would love to eat like this but I do not like salad is the problem and I’m honestly not hungry enough for such big meals. I can do eggs for breakfast but after that all I want is a little protein at each meal. I guess that’s my problem…

So then do smaller portions more often. You don’t need to do big meals. I posted about that before. Just make sure that you’re adding a little health fat. For example, instead of eating a whole can of tuna in oil, eat half a can of tuna in water and mix it with a little light mayo yourself. Eat it with some pepper strips or cucumbers. Have one egg instead of two and eat it with a little cheese sprinkled in and a fruit (or slice of ww bread).
Do you like fruits? Other veggies besides salad? Avocado? Edamame? Quinoa? Almonds? Sweet potato? Hummus? Do some research into low glycemic foods.

amother
Lotus

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 9:54 pm
amother [ Yolk ] wrote:
Thanks for posting. How much weight did you loose? In how long?

25lbs in 4 months plus I’m post menapausal

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 12:20 am
Eat real food.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 6:20 am
Always better to go with a food plan that will be sustainable forever. My supper last night was brown rice mixed with ratatouille, and a mushroom omelette. Reasonable portions. I’m BH losing steadily and feel good.

amother
Yolk

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 10:20 am
amother [ Lotus ] wrote:
25lbs in 4 months plus I’m post menapausal

Did you exercise while loosing weight? If yes, which exercise , for how many minutes, how many times a week?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 12:40 pm
andrea levy wrote:
Eat real food.
I’m eating tuna for lunch and chicken and veggies for supper. Is that so bad? I’ll admit my breakfast needs some help

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 12:57 am
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
I have hypoglycemia. In order to manage blood sugar and insulin (it’s a cycle- you control one, you control the other), this is what is recommended. And when you eat this way you do lose weight. I’m not saying to eat more. It’s eating SMALLER portions of the right kinds of food more often. It’s always eating a protein and healthy fat when you eat a carb so that your body breaks it down properly.

Hypoglycaemia is caused by insulin. Most people find that when their blood sugar evens out, their hypo stops. This can be achieved by within small, low carb meals or by eating fewer bigger meals. If I was eating six, I’d make sure my fat content was very high and my carbs were pretty much non existent.

Eating carbs with protein or fat does not work for many people. The more insulin you make the more insulin resistant you become.

imaima

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 1:55 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I eat half a cup of baby carrots and a total of 1 cup of milk. I’m really counting. I am trying to do keto. I really struggle to eat veggies except at dinner. I’ll see how I can up the fat

It’s just too little food and not exceptionally healthy.

imaima

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 1:56 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have trouble eating a lot throughout the day I am not hungry for big meals. I can add protein to my breakfast. What are fats that I can easily add?

Avocado, smoked salmon, greek yoghurt, olive oil

amother
Hibiscus

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 3:00 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Anyone have an idea why that might be? I’m eating around 35 grams of carbs a day. I thought for sure a week in I’d be at least 2 pounds down but I barely lost a pound. What’s going on??

That’s still a lot of carbs if you want to have the benefits of a low carb diet. Try cutting out all bread, pasta, etc and let the only carbs you eat be veggies… plus lots of high protein and healthy fat (avocados, olive oil, etc.) the weight will fall off and your cravings will disappear. I did this and lost over 50 lbs BH

amother
Tulip

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 10:19 am
amother [ Hibiscus ] wrote:
That’s still a lot of carbs if you want to have the benefits of a low carb diet. Try cutting out all bread, pasta, etc and let the only carbs you eat be veggies… plus lots of high protein and healthy fat (avocados, olive oil, etc.) the weight will fall off and your cravings will disappear. I did this and lost over 50 lbs BH

35 grams of carbs a day is not a lot at all.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 9:20 pm
amother [ Hibiscus ] wrote:
I’m not eating any of those carbs listed or I would be way over 35 grams! How many carbs did you stick to to lose your weight?

amother
Lightyellow

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 10:01 pm
Officially keto is like 20g carbs or under but anyone eating under 50g should be able to lose weight, assuming their meals are balanced and their calorie count is somewhat low.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise