Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Depp v Heard
  Previous  1  2  3 17  18  19 38  39  40  Next

amother
Navy

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 9:47 pm
amother [ Rainbow ] wrote:
Well not if her claims are true.

This isn’t a criminal case about the abuse.
As someone said earlier. If there was no opEd there would be no trial.
Regardless of the abuse or truth.
I just feel bad bec Heard is so broken about her life being torn apart online and ppl talking meanly about her.
But really if you will write an opEd publicizing your life ppl will talk.
If you stay quiet and keep things in the court and fight there rather then the paper ppl won’t have what to talk about.
I think that was her mistake.

amother
Rainbow

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 9:48 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
This isn’t a criminal case about the abuse.
As someone said earlier. If there was no opEd there would be no trial.
Regardless of the abuse or truth.
I just feel bad bec Heard is so broken about her life being torn apart online and ppl talking meanly about her.
But really if you will write an opEd publicizing your life ppl will talk.
If you stay quiet and keep things in the court and fight there rather then the paper ppl won’t have what to talk about.
I think that was her mistake.

It wasn't a mistake.
Victims should not be afraid of this happening.
The situation is absurd.

This will make other victims keep quiet in the future.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 6:08 am
It wasn't a mistake.
Victims should not be afraid of this happening.
The situation is absurd.

This will make other victims keep quiet in the future.

I agree.

The idea that a victim can't speak out for fear of being taken to court (and most folks can't afford to even go through a trial) unless they can criminally prove (which is extremely hard to prove) is of grave concern. There are many victims or others who want to protect future victims and can't or don't speak up for fear of being sued. This is how child abusers get rehired at other schools or how an abusive spouse finds another new partner/victim in our communities particularly.

The idea that victims should just "be quiet" is one reason various abuse is pervasive in various communities.

Also, emotional abuse is domestic violence. She claimed she was a victim of domestic violence. She didn't even name him.

The idea that implication is a culpable libel or defamation offense can have sweeping negative impacts on the press as well---they can state facts with no malintent, but if something seems implied, they can be sued? This is also a grave concern with this type of law suit.

amother
Catmint

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 6:21 am
A twisted mess that seems to me to be so disrespectful and undermining of all true domestic violence abuse victims.
For example, he had cigarette burns on his face he said she put out a cigarette on his face (!).
She says he did it to himself.
While highly unlikely are there a few crazies who might do this? sure
And thats the least of it.
To me her overall story and actions do not ring true at all.
But do serve to do a tremendous disservice to true victims R"L.

Yes hard to remember that the whole trial is about whether she defamed him and cost him livelihood with her choosing to write an Op Ed.

Trials like this such as family court as well are ugly arenas and usually attorneys seem vicious and rip apart the opposing side. Not a pretty picture and one to which most people are not privy. Has its own rules.

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 6:33 am
[quote="amother [ Catmint ]"]A twisted mess that seems to me to be so disrespectful and undermining of all true domestic violence abuse victims.
For example, he had cigarette burns on his face he said she put out a cigarette on his face (!).
She says he did it to himself.
While highly unlikely are there a few crazies who might do this? sure

And thats the least of it.
To me her overall story and actions do not ring true at all.
But do serve to do a tremendous disservice to true victims R"L.

Yes hard to remember that the whole trial is about whether she defamed him and cost him livelihood with her choosing to write an Op Ed.

Trials like this such as family court as well are ugly arenas and usually attorneys seem vicious and rip apart the opposing side. Not a pretty picture and one to which most people are not privy. Has its ow

Last edited by amother on Wed, May 18 2022, 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Rainbow

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 6:38 am
It is actually consistent with him being high and nodding off which was discussed yesterday in court.
It doesn't mean he did it on purpose.
It means he was so out of it that he didn't feel when his cigarette was burning him.

He has done self harm though.
There is evidence on tape where he is cutting himself.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 7:06 am
It is actually consistent with him being high and nodding off which was discussed yesterday in court.
It doesn't mean he did it on purpose.
It means he was so out of it that he didn't feel when his cigarette was burning him.

He has done self harm though.
There is evidence on tape where he is cutting himself.

He explained the context of him cutting himself and she was recording him while he was doing it!!!

Genius

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 7:20 am
Rubies wrote:
Honestly, I can understand that it's hard to believe her because of this. Yet, it's hard to understand why everyone is so sure she must be lying to the point of lacking any objectivity in this trial. Find me a youtube video of live coverage that isn't ridiculing every comment and motion on her part. Find an objective commentary on this trial from all the supposedly objective lawyers covering it.

I learned something interesting recently from R' Akiva Tatz - at a din Torah on paskening dinei nefashos (I think) if there is a unanimous guilty vote then the person gets off scot free. Even if everyone came to the conclusion that he must be guilty.
He explains why the halachah is this way: because if everyone believes one side over the other, and absolutely no one can come to the opposite conclusion, that itself invalidates the din Torah because that's unnatural and it means something is off.

These people are surrounded by security and paparazzi all the time. The scale of abuse she describes would not have been possible to hide.
So if she is indeed a victim of abuse she is doing herself a massive disservice by
1. Pretending to cry. This is completely fake, I’ve seen people laugh/cry because they don’t want to show the real emotion behind it, this is not what it looks like. It’s completely unnecessary and does not help her case in any way.
2. Exaggerating the abuse. There is no way the extent of the abuse was as she described it. Penetrated with an open bottle? Seriously?! If there was abuse she should’ve kept the stories true, it would’ve been more believable.

You keep telling anyone who disagrees with you that they have a bias. It seems like you yourself are so biased that you twist yourself into pretzels to back up your point of view. Please do continue arguing your points, but stop saying the word bias, we’re all equally biased.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 7:22 am
Am I the only one who believes Amber and thinks this lawyer cross examining her is a heartless monster with no awareness of the effects of abuse???? Yes, I know all lawyers are sick. But maybe you need to be married to an addict to actually believe this lady. (yes, I am)

amother
Navy

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 7:26 am
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Am I the only one who believes Amber and thinks this lawyer cross examining her is a heartless monster with no awareness of the effects of abuse???? Yes, I know all lawyers are sick. But maybe you need to be married to an addict to actually believe this lady. (yes, I am)

But she also admits she is an addict. In the pic of cocaine she took it’s her purse and her card on the table being used.

amother
Rainbow

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 7:30 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
But she also admits she is an addict. In the pic of cocaine she took it’s her purse and her card on the table being used.

She never said she is an addict.
She says she has done cocaine.
Not every person that has done cocaine a few times becomes an addict.

number

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 7:32 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Yesterday she said her sister taught Depp to use cocaine. Absolutely disgusting.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 7:43 am
Im all for believing amber, but I just cant.

1) In every specific example where she detailed johnny beating her up, hard, raining blows on her face with his heavy rings, hitting her so hard she thought "her teeth had gone through her lip, hitting her face so hard she "thought her nose had broken".....there are pictures of her the day after that dont show a single bruise on her face, no swollen nose, no swelling or discolored skin. Yeah yeah yeah "makeup". They zoomed in on those photos. If there's concealing makeup on that skin I would be shocked. And theres only so much makeup can conceal. Swelling would still be visible.

2) she testified that instead of her glass bottle that she threw at johnny being what sliced off his finger tip, he actually did it to himself by slamming the phone on the wall in a rage. AFTER which he proceeded to hold her down on a table and sxually assaualt her with a bottle.
Uh huh.
There is evidence of what his severed finger looked like. There was bone poking through. Lots of blood etc. He was in agony and rushed to get medical attention, all on record. But she thinks he just ignored the finger being sliced off for the time being, and held her down on the table "with one hand" and assaulted her with the bottle with the other. And just ignored the bone sticking out of his chopped off finger and the blood gushing everywhere-it was only AFTER he assaulted her that he decided to rush to get mesical help.

Sorry amber, youre in way over your head. Lying isnt as easy as one would think

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 7:47 am
Genius wrote:
These people are surrounded by security and paparazzi all the time. The scale of abuse she describes would not have been possible to hide.
So if she is indeed a victim of abuse she is doing herself a massive disservice by
1. Pretending to cry. This is completely fake, I’ve seen people laugh/cry because they don’t want to show the real emotion behind it, this is not what it looks like. It’s completely unnecessary and does not help her case in any way.
2. Exaggerating the abuse. There is no way the extent of the abuse was as she described it. Penetrated with an open bottle? Seriously?! If there was abuse she should’ve kept the stories true, it would’ve been more believable.

You keep telling anyone who disagrees with you that they have a bias. It seems like you yourself are so biased that you twist yourself into pretzels to back up your point of view. Please do continue arguing your points, but stop saying the word bias, we’re all equally biased.

Last edited by amother on Wed, May 18 2022, 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Genius

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 7:54 am
Rubies wrote:
Whoa!
I think you're reading too much into my posts.

To address your points:
As mentioned - security is all on Depps team, they are employed by him. They are not neutral bystanders. That itself tilts the power in the relationship. Paparazzi are out and about, celebrities circumvent paparazzi by vacationing on islands and stuff, as mentioned.
This point doesn't prove anything, in my opinion.

1 - See other posts on this thread addressing this. To reiterate, every person responds differently to trauma. Add the trauma of repeating the trauma for millions of people, with people judging.. not even going to try to explain this.

2 - Surprised. I don't have much to say other than you must not have any knowledge about rape at all. Please read up about it before claiming this must be exaggerated.

I'll keep using the word bias.
I'm not telling anyone specifically that they're biased - I'm referring to the bias out there.
Are you aware about what I'm referring to at all? Or are you reading my posts with just imamother as your source of info? That would explain the miscommunication.

No, we are not all equally biased in the way we approach the content. Everyone can privately believe whomever they choose. Not what I'm referring to at all. It seems you're confused about this point too. Again, are you basing your responses to my posts only within the context of imamother? That would explain this too.

I'm interested in discussing the case and the fallacy of people's logic and proof in response to the case. Regardless of anyone's bias.
I don't believe you have the same intentions, maybe I'm wrong.

You’re doing it again. If I said what I said I must only be informed from this thread only.
I’ve watched many hours of this trial since the first post I wrote on this thread.
We’re all coming from our own narrow perspective. As I said before, we’re all equally biased.

amother
Rainbow

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 8:00 am
number wrote:
Yesterday she said her sister taught Depp to use cocaine. Absolutely disgusting.

No. She said she taught him to use a different kind of straw.
She didn't teach Depp to use cocaine lol

amother
Rainbow

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 8:03 am
amother [ DarkKhaki ] wrote:
Im all for believing amber, but I just cant.

1) In every specific example where she detailed johnny beating her up, hard, raining blows on her face with his heavy rings, hitting her so hard she thought "her teeth had gone through her lip, hitting her face so hard she "thought her nose had broken".....there are pictures of her the day after that dont show a single bruise on her face, no swollen nose, no swelling or discolored skin. Yeah yeah yeah "makeup". They zoomed in on those photos. If there's concealing makeup on that skin I would be shocked. And theres only so much makeup can conceal. Swelling would still be visible.

2) she testified that instead of her glass bottle that she threw at johnny being what sliced off his finger tip, he actually did it to himself by slamming the phone on the wall in a rage. AFTER which he proceeded to hold her down on a table and sxually assaualt her with a bottle.
Uh huh.
There is evidence of what his severed finger looked like. There was bone poking through. Lots of blood etc. He was in agony and rushed to get medical attention, all on record. But she thinks he just ignored the finger being sliced off for the time being, and held her down on the table "with one hand" and assaulted her with the bottle with the other. And just ignored the bone sticking out of his chopped off finger and the blood gushing everywhere-it was only AFTER he assaulted her that he decided to rush to get mesical help.

Sorry amber, youre in way over your head. Lying isnt as easy as one would think

He was bleeding for hours and hours.
He did lots of things in between.
Like paint the walls and objects with blood and paint.
He wasn't rushed anywhere.
He was going around like that for hours.
He was high which might be a reason for not feeling the pain so strongly.

number

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 8:46 am
No. She said she taught him to use a different kind of straw.
She didn't teach Depp to use cocaine lol

Supposedly Heard was so anti drug use, but she casually watched her sister teach Depp a new method of using cocaine. Still disgusting.

number

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 8:48 am
Genius wrote:
You’re doing it again. If I said what I said I must only be informed from this thread only.
I’ve watched many hours of this trial since the first post I wrote on this thread.
We’re all coming from our own narrow perspective. As I said before, we’re all equally biased.
Isn't this trial fascinating?! I love watching Camille Vasquez. She is one strong woman.

number

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 8:50 am
Rubies wrote:
2 - Surprised. I don't have much to say other than you must not have any knowledge about rape at all. Please read up about it before claiming this must be exaggerated.
Getting raped with a bottle the way Heard describes, and ending up with the mild injuries she claims she has, is a physical impossibility.
Page 18 of 40   Previous  1  2  3 17  18  19 38  39  40  Next Recent Topics