Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Depp v Heard
  Previous  1  2  3 34  35  36 38  39  40  Next

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 6:43 am
honeymoon wrote:
I'm truly sorry for what you endured. Just keep in mind that not everyone views it from the lens of an abused woman so our opinions may be different. Nobody is invalidating your terrible experience by rooting for Depp. We're just drawing different conclusion based on the evidence we are seeing.

Stop discounting abused women and invalidating their ability to understand abuse.

The poster you’re responding to is sharing her perspective. You’re invalidating hers.

number

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 7:34 am
amother [ IndianRed ] wrote:
So Jennifer howell won't testify after all?

And amber's team running out of time won't be in favor for them.

Just wondering if they can still cross examine if they're out of time
Jennifer Howell is still set to testify.

Heard’s side can’t cross examine if they’ve run out of time.

amother
IndianRed

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 8:01 am
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Stop discounting abused women and invalidating their ability to understand abuse.

The poster you’re responding to is sharing her perspective. You’re invalidating hers.

Thank you for your kind post

amother
Catmint

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 8:06 am
Everyone has their own experience. Like everyone, abused women are not a monolith.
Also while this case can indeed be triggering this is a thread about a legal case under entertainment. While everyone is being sensitive that is this threads focus. Not empathisizing with heard or agreeing with someone else’s perspective does not mean invalidating someone’s experience.

amother
Freesia

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 8:26 am
I’ve been following the trial and this thread but haven’t posted yet. This is just my opinion It Sounds like it was a toxic relationship with abuse towards each other Once Amber got on the stand it was very hard to listen to her story and Not believe her. But it seems like some of her lines came out of movies. And what really gets me is that her injuries don’t match her stories it’s almost like she embellished what happened And she would’ve made it sound like he was hitting her whatever without like cracking her nose splitting her lips and then at the same time being on live TV the next day it just makes the story sound off . Even with the testimonies they were together is all the penthouse Sounds like Jonny anger liked to throw things around but no one ever saw Anything physical. It’s also interesting how they are focusing on Johnny’s drug and alcohol issues and leaving at the fact that Amber also did a lot of drugs. Her sister’s testimony it’s also interesting since that her sister is a huge drug addict. And just happened to have been sober that one night that amber needed to talk. Amber Changed her story about knowing Johnny before she played in the rum diary I think she wanted him I don’t know for the game for the money to help her Career and for him it seems was like a midlife crisis
I understand the importance Of taking abuse victims seriously but I’ve seen in real life women lie about husbands abuse for attention.
I don’t think either of them are innocent in this whole relationship thing but Did Amber really have to go and write that op-Ed Along with lawyers and everything so carefully so there couldn’t be a defamation trial a week before her movie came out .
Also there are lots of recordings some of them you can find on YouTube that they can’t used in court and many we herd of amber hitting Jonny and Taunting him and admitting to it. And we hear videos of Johnny throwing things around I just think they definitely didn’t belong together and they were not healthy together

amother
Peony

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 8:27 am
Yes,I was abused by my ex husband and felt my trauma replaying when I heard ambers being on the stand.

I got triggered so much that I told a relations trauma therapist how traumatized I am after listening to amber saying all the s-xual assaults she's been through and felt I can so relate to her being abused

Just want to point out that Ambers assistant accused Amber of stealing her SA story. She said she spoke to amber about her own s-xual assaults and now watching the court case she was shocked that every word she told her was being repeated as if it had happened to Amber. If that’s true then the details of the S abuse are really real and maybe that’s why you feel it’s true and makes sense but maybe it’s just not HER story.
Either way, I’m sorry that you went through that and it’s clear how much pain this brings up for you. I wish you lots of strength and healing!

number

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 8:34 am
amother [ Catmint ] wrote:
Everyone has their own experience. Like everyone abused women are not a monolith.
Also while this case can indeed be triggering this is a thread about a legal case under entertainment. While everyone is being sensitive that is this threads focus. Not empathisizing with heard or agreeing with someone else’s perspective does not mean invalidating someone’s experience.
This. It’s an entertainment thread not a support thread. If anyone needs support they should start a spin-off.

amother
IndianRed

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 8:44 am
number wrote:
This. It’s an entertainment thread not a support thread. If anyone needs support they should start a spin-off.

I didn't ask for your support.

Was just saying how I view this trial as on who was verbally, emotionally and s-xually abused.

And yes,just like your posts can be part of this thread so can mine. It's part of the trial

number

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 8:46 am
I didn't ask for your support.

Was just saying how I view this trial as on who was verbally, emotionally and s-xually abused.

And yes,just like your posts can be part of this thread so can mine. It's part of the trial

I am aware. I appreciate your perspective. I was replying to sienna’s post because she seems to think people are being insensitive.

number

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 8:48 am

amother
IndianRed

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 8:48 am
number wrote:
I am aware. I appreciate your perspective. I was replying to sienna’s post because she seems to think people are being insensitive.

I happen to agree with sienna that some posters might be insensitive because they're clueless to what abuse is and part of a 34 page thread you can expect that some posters might offer support.

We're fellow sisters

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 8:56 am
number wrote:
Jennifer Howell is still set to testify.

Heard’s side can’t cross examine if they’ve run out of time.

I heard that the judge can give them more time if she decides so

amother
Cappuccino

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 9:23 am
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:

Never heard such thing, when your time is up its up!

amother
Cappuccino

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 9:27 am
I happen to agree with sienna that some posters might be insensitive because they're clueless to what abuse is and part of a 34 page thread you can expect that some posters might offer support.

We're fellow sisters

This is not about a personal matter. It's about a case thats being aired and discussed! You want support open a new thread.

As a matter of fact. If you read my pervious post, I wrote about my mother that has bpd. She would do exactly what Aber is accused of. I can see right though her bad acting skills. Anyone that has ever dealt with bpd on a personal level can see right though her fake tears! We're is my support? Never mind I didn't ask for it, for this is not the place nor the right time for my personal matter.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 9:29 am
number wrote:

This! I agree with you.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 9:33 am
amother [ Freesia ] wrote:
I’ve been following the trial and this thread but haven’t posted yet. This is just my opinion It Sounds like it was a toxic relationship with abuse towards each other Once Amber got on the stand it was very hard to listen to her story and Not believe her. But it seems like some of her lines came out of movies. And what really gets me is that her injuries don’t match her stories it’s almost like she embellished what happened And she would’ve made it sound like he was hitting her whatever without like cracking her nose splitting her lips and then at the same time being on live TV the next day it just makes the story sound off . Even with the testimonies they were together is all the penthouse Sounds like Jonny anger liked to throw things around but no one ever saw Anything physical. It’s also interesting how they are focusing on Johnny’s drug and alcohol issues and leaving at the fact that Amber also did a lot of drugs. Her sister’s testimony it’s also interesting since that her sister is a huge drug addict. And just happened to have been sober that one night that amber needed to talk. Amber Changed her story about knowing Johnny before she played in the rum diary I think she wanted him I don’t know for the game for the money to help her Career and for him it seems was like a midlife crisis
I understand the importance Of taking abuse victims seriously but I’ve seen in real life women lie about husbands abuse for attention.
I don’t think either of them are innocent in this whole relationship thing but Did Amber really have to go and write that op-Ed Along with lawyers and everything so carefully so there couldn’t be a defamation trial a week before her movie came out .
Also there are lots of recordings some of them you can find on YouTube that they can’t used in court and many we herd of amber hitting Jonny and Taunting him and admitting to it. And we hear videos of Johnny throwing things around I just think they definitely didn’t belong together and they were not healthy together

Agree, I just can't get out of my head what her make up artist said. " I can cover up bruises and create one". That one Definitely slipped out of her mouth by mistake. I smell a rat

amother
Snowflake

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 9:33 am
amother [ Cappuccino ] wrote:
Never heard such thing, when your time is up its up!

That's opening a case for mistrial because there's an inherent right to cross examine.

number

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 9:34 am
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
Yes but an attorney who has worked with this judge many times said that this judge wouldn’t do that.

number

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 9:34 am
amother [ Snowflake ] wrote:
That's opening a case for mistrial because there's an inherent right to cross examine.
They can still cross examine. They just need to be more careful with their time.

amother
Rainbow

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 9:38 am
amother [ Cappuccino ] wrote:
This is not about a personal matter. It's about a case thats being aired and discussed! You want support open a new thread.

As a matter of fact. If you read my pervious post, I wrote about my mother that has bpd. She would do exactly what Aber is accused of. I can see right though her bad acting skills. Anyone that has ever dealt with bpd on a personal level can see right though her fake tears! We're is my support? Never mind I didn't ask for it, for this is not the place nor the right time for my personal matter.

People with BPD don't have fake tears.
They really are in pain and cry real tears from a broken heart.
They just feel emotions more strongly than most people.

In any case Amber is an actor. If she wanted to fake tears she could have.
Page 35 of 40   Previous  1  2  3 34  35  36 38  39  40  Next Recent Topics