Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
How much do you pay per therapy (social worker) session?
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Mayflower

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 8:43 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
Are her initials […]?

Charging what she charges is disgusting imo and she’s not even good

Why do people go to her?

amother
DarkCyan

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 9:13 pm
amother [ Outerspace ] wrote:
Same here. I saw someone who charged a ton (and keeps going up) and she should not be practicing, that's how damaging she is.

Can you please email me her name? I hope it's not the one I'm seeing.

amother
Geranium

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 9:17 pm
Social media has turned many therapists into marketers. People go flocking to them because of they market themselves well. The hype surrounding them convinces people it's worth paying exorbitant fees for average therapy. There are some therapists who are highly specialized and experienced, and it's understandable that their fee is commensurate. But unfortunately there are others who are just famous for being famous.

amother
Feverfew

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 9:18 pm
250 cash…. I think it’s so much! But very worth it for a great therapist, what can I do?

amother
Outerspace

Post Tue, May 31 2022, 9:01 pm
amother [ DarkCyan ] wrote:
Can you please email me her name? I hope it's not the one I'm seeing.

Which location are you? I can't pm you to amother... you'd have to post with your username.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Tue, May 31 2022, 9:05 pm
amother [ Outerspace ] wrote:
Which location are you? I can't pm you to amother... you'd have to post with your username.

Would it be OK if I post an anonymous email address?

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, May 31 2022, 9:37 pm
I don’t understand why the initials were removed . Like a previous poster said, a lot of these therapists are really good at marketing themselves by posting “free content “ on their Instagram page. I really felt so disgusted by this therapist who made her self seam so desirable because of her price tag. She really took advantage of people. When you pay $400/ 45 min, don’t cut me off at 44 min and kick me out. It’s not kind. It’s not understanding. It’s not therapeutic. While I’m not intending to bad mouth for no reason, I think this platform is here to help others. If someone is looking into this therapist, it’s a free market- she can charge what she wants and people can use her services if they desire. But I wish someone had warned me before spending thousands of dollars on making things worse. I think it’s important to share experiences so that people can make informed decisions. My current therapist is amazing and a fraction of the price.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Tue, May 31 2022, 9:55 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
I don’t understand why the initials were removed . Like a previous poster said, a lot of these therapists are really good at marketing themselves by posting “free content “ on their Instagram page. I really felt so disgusted by this therapist who made her self seam so desirable because of her price tag. She really took advantage of people. When you pay $400/ 45 min, don’t cut me off at 44 min and kick me out. It’s not kind. It’s not understanding. It’s not therapeutic. While I’m not intending to bad mouth for no reason, I think this platform is here to help others. If someone is looking into this therapist, it’s a free market- she can charge what she wants and people can use her services if they desire. But I wish someone had warned me before spending thousands of dollars on making things worse. I think it’s important to share experiences so that people can make informed decisions. My current therapist is amazing and a fraction of the price.

Agree, I'm so nervous right now. I hope it's not the one I'm shelling out thousands of dollars. Can you please post her initials again, missed it last time.

amother
Geranium

Post Tue, May 31 2022, 10:10 pm
Agree, I'm so nervous right now. I hope it's not the one I'm shelling out thousands of dollars. Can you please post her initials again, missed it last time.

Is your current therapist helping you? Do you feel safe, are you making progress, do you feel she's validating and supporting you? If so, you're on the right track. It not, why are you still with her? Whether she's this therapist or another one, if you aren't satisfied you should go elsewhere, no matter how much you've been convinced this therapist is "top" (yuck I hate that term).

amother
DarkCyan

Post Tue, May 31 2022, 10:40 pm
amother [ Geranium ] wrote:
Is your current therapist helping you? Do you feel safe, are you making progress, do you feel she's validating and supporting you? If so, you're on the right track. It not, why are you still with her? Whether she's this therapist or another one, if you aren't satisfied you should go elsewhere, no matter how much you've been convinced this therapist is "top" (yuck I hate that term).

Have you ever been to therapy? It takes months of therapy to know if it's working for you. If your therpist is a good fit. Or if your therpist is good. By then your out a few thousand dollars that you don't have.

So yes, It's extremely helpful to know if that therpist is the one your currently using. Unless you have no problem shelling out thousands of dollars and playing with your mental health.

amother
Geranium

Post Tue, May 31 2022, 10:46 pm
Have you ever been to therapy? It takes months of therapy to know if it's working for you. If your therpist is a good fit. Or if your therpist is good. By then your out a few thousand dollars that you don't have.

So yes, It's extremely helpful to know if that therpist is the one your currently using. Unless you have no problem shelling out thousands of dollars and playing with your mental health.

Yes, I'm currently on my third therapist. It's definitely a process but I don't think it should take more than two months at most to determine if you're going in the right direction. The truth is, I can't imagine even trying out someone who charges more than 250 a session. I would constantly be asking myself if she's really worth that much money and that must be super stressful.

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, May 31 2022, 10:53 pm
I would post her initials again per request of a previous poster but not if they’ll be removed for whatever reason. I’m not intending to break the rules . This therapist is really extremely costly and markets herself on Instagram well. She makes people feel she’s worth it. It made things worse for me and my husband and for others that I know. We are doing much better getting help from another therapist . I really don’t think these services are worth $300-$400 for chatting for 45 min.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Tue, May 31 2022, 11:11 pm
Yes, I'm currently on my third therapist. It's definitely a process but I don't think it should take more than two months at most to determine if you're going in the right direction. The truth is, I can't imagine even trying out someone who charges more than 250 a session. I would constantly be asking myself if she's really worth that much money and that must be super stressful.

2 months = $3,200

That's a awful lots of money to try someone.

Rubies

Post Tue, May 31 2022, 11:23 pm
Social media has turned many therapists into marketers. People go flocking to them because of they market themselves well. The hype surrounding them convinces people it's worth paying exorbitant fees for average therapy. There are some therapists who are highly specialized and experienced, and it's understandable that their fee is commensurate. But unfortunately there are others who are just famous for being famous.

If a therapist is marketing herself on social media, I think I'd stay far away.

amother
Outerspace

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 8:47 am
Would it be OK if I post an anonymous email address?

Sure

amother
Outerspace

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 8:52 am
After seeing a truly harmful therapist, who has her own stuff that gets in the way with the entire therapy and uses her "power" as therapist to I'm not sure if feed her ego or just make people feel like ****, I keep thinking about how I can protect others from falling prey to her -- and paying thousands of dollars for the privilege of getting abused by her.

I called Relief and they noted the info (and had heard it before). I tried reaching out to a frum mental health site on which she has presence to let them know, but they never got back to me.

And I always wonder what else is there to do? It makes me sick how she markets herself on social media platforms, with a gorgeous website, with her brilliance and knowledge, with promising healing and whatnot. I guess all I can do is pray.

mod here. I'm locking pending for the review but I just got to work and have a bunch of work I get paid to do so I'll come back to this on a break
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics