Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Does a 4 year old need a swim dress
Previous  1  2  3

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 11:14 am
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
Why sick in the head? It's normal to put something on when walking to a pool at a different location.

I honestly wouldn't have an issue with walking to another location in a bathing suit, for a 3.5 year old.

When my DD was four, I sent her to the playgroup of a neighbor, who happens to be the daughter of one of Lakewood's big Poskim. She also continued summer daycamp. They used to swim in a grassy area on the side of the house. I could see it from my window. The girls - mostly 4 year olds - would go out in their bathing suits. No issue. Very yeshivish/frum crowd.

By 5-6 I sent to Shevach, and the older groups there wore coverups or robes when going to and from the pool.

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 11:19 am
mha3484 wrote:
I would not put my daughter that age in a cover up for tznius reasons but I do worry about sun burn so I am planning to get bathing suits that have more coverage for this summer. My boys wears a swim shirt and bathing suits to the knee which keeps a lot of their skin out of the sun. I would like something protective for my daughter also.

My daughter is older, she’s already 6, so she needs a cover up for camp. I’m getting her a shirt and shorts bathing suit, because she has super sensitive skin, and I can’t rely on teenaged moros to appropriately put sunscreen on her.

amother
Starflower

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 12:54 pm
Rubies wrote:
I'd think the sensitivity should be about teaching kids to be appropriately dressed in public areas. Same as not going out in underwear. Self-dignity.

This.

This is what the morah means. It's not appropriate to go traipsing down the block in a bathing suit.

In my neighborhood our rav tells the boys it's inappropriate to be walking around in a bathing suit for the same reason.

amother
Brass

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 2:09 pm
I would say so, so she doesn't get burnt in the sun. Get her a bathing suit and a rash guard.
I got this, last year

Kanu Surf Girls' Karlie UPF 50+ Sun Protective Rashguard Swim Shirt https://a.co/d/ejifrpr

amother
Camellia

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 2:46 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I honestly wouldn't have an issue with walking to another location in a bathing suit, for a 3.5 year old.

When my DD was four, I sent her to the playgroup of a neighbor, who happens to be the daughter of one of Lakewood's big Poskim. She also continued summer daycamp. They used to swim in a grassy area on the side of the house. I could see it from my window. The girls - mostly 4 year olds - would go out in their bathing suits. No issue. Very yeshivish/frum crowd.

By 5-6 I sent to Shevach, and the older groups there wore coverups or robes when going to and from the pool.

(I have a feeling that is the same Morah in the story I wrote earlier. The rav in my story does have tzinius guidelines for 3 yr olds.
I just not convinced swimming in a pool is the same as walking down the block. To me it’s different. )
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries