Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Moving to the boondocks
Previous  1  2

Not_in_my_town

Post Fri, Jul 29 2022, 5:43 pm
amother [ Viola ] wrote:
Are you joking? You’re going along with this terrible idea? I thought from the beginning of your post that you wanted to ask advice on how to talk him out of it or something like that.
Please don’t go along with this. “Done with the frum community” is not a healthy attitude and I can feel the both of you headed for a bad place, spiritually if you allow this.

I think the question is WHY is he "done with the frum community"? Is it the frum rules or is it Yiddishkeit? There's a big difference.

If he wants to stop living up to the Weiss's, that's fine. He just wants to do his own thang.

But if he wants to run from davening, learning, kashrus, Shabbos... That's something else entirely.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Fri, Jul 29 2022, 5:52 pm
OP, it sounds like we're married to the same man.
My DH hates the suburbs and wants to live closer to nature. Shul isn't important to him anymore.

I know that once we both retire, this will become a bigger issue and he'll start pushing me to move.

Where will we find a neighborhood with no shul, but where we can get kosher food and still be near the mountains? I don't think he and I have the same dream for retirement.

amother
Iris

Post Fri, Jul 29 2022, 6:39 pm
been there, done that. love it. the external pressures I read about on this site blow my mind. I do what I need to do and nobody gives a flying fig about my hosiery, skirt, headcovering, and what I wear outside my front door. I can give reasonable mishloach manot, I can exercise without worrying "if that's done in my circles" and so much more

amother
Lime

Post Fri, Jul 29 2022, 6:57 pm
Chasidism can give inner tochen and joyful meaning to mitzvahs and a positive relationship to G-d. There are plenty of hippyish chasidish places too. You can find frum communities in nature too. Theres a whole wide world out there B"H.
hugs and hatzlocha

amother
Lime

Post Fri, Jul 29 2022, 7:02 pm
Communities and cities can have different layers especially if its big enough, try a different shul and might be pleasantly surprised. nothing is in stone

hugs and hatzlocha

Window

Post Fri, Jul 29 2022, 9:10 pm
amother [ Poinsettia ] wrote:
OP, it sounds like we're married to the same man.
My DH hates the suburbs and wants to live closer to nature. Shul isn't important to him anymore.

I know that once we both retire, this will become a bigger issue and he'll start pushing me to move.

Where will we find a neighborhood with no shul, but where we can get kosher food and still be near the mountains? I don't think he and I have the same dream for retirement.

That’s pretty easy. We have no shul, get our kosher food shipped, and we live on a mountain

amother
Crimson

Post Sat, Jul 30 2022, 10:27 pm
https://mishpacha.com/home-on-the-range/
Refoel Franklin had around 10 families doing just this. They all gave up one by one. He says it is because they didn’t have a Rav.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jul 30 2022, 10:38 pm
window-can you tell me more?

amother
Lime

Post Sat, Jul 30 2022, 10:40 pm
window you have a minyan? a sefer torah?

amother
Poinsettia

Post Sat, Jul 30 2022, 11:34 pm
Window wrote:
That’s pretty easy. We have no shul, get our kosher food shipped, and we live on a mountain

Window, where is this magical place?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating