Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
TV shows for teen daughter
Previous  1  2  3

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Aug 31 2022, 9:35 pm
Infinity train

I watched bewitched as a kid. If there was anything dirty it went over my head. It's a pretty old show.

Cookin4days

Post Wed, Aug 31 2022, 9:45 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:
Oooo yes you're so right ATLA is great!!! We watched that recently too. Shows I missed during my own childhood even though they were around.

Okay so I was going to recommend Avatar as well but if I can recall there was one episode that was more mature towards the end when there was a group hangout of some sort can’t remember the details but was a really good show

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 31 2022, 10:19 pm
Wow! Can I just say what hashgacha that this was bumped up today of all days. We had already run through most of the suggestions from when I originally posted this question since my daughter was stuck at home the entire summer. And then today my daughter unfortunately needed to be readmitted to the hospital and this thread got bumped up with so many new suggestions! I really appreciate all the suggestions from everyone and I'm going to look into them to help keep her occupied while she is hospitized. I especially appreciate the information on the organizations that provide the frum entertainment and will definitely reach out to them since that would be much more preferable knowing that it's all kosher.

amother
Phlox

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 12:34 am
All creatures great and small

Refuah shelaima!

amother
Marigold

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 12:37 am
My girls enjoyed

bewitched
different strokes
I love lucy
the cosby show
gilligans island

Goldie613

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 7:57 am
Does she like superhero stuff? The old 60's series Batman was mostly clean - anything not was done in such a way as to go straight over kids' heads.

Same with the 70's Wonder Woman (never mind how she's dressed) and I assume the 50's Superman should be ok, too.

What kind of hobbies does she like? You can find a lot of shows that tie in with different things...

Cooking shows
Home renovation shows
Travel shows
There are also shows that shows very country/at home projects, like simple ways to decorate your home or make crafts
Shows where contestants compete in singing or dancing

What about some of the shows about animals? I think the channel might be called Animal Planet, and they have a lot of shows about zoos, animals in their natural habitats, etc.

If there's a subject she likes in school, we may be able to come up with things that tie in with that, too. If she likes history, The History Channel has a lot of shows, and if you are in the US, or she likes US History, Liberty's Kids was a great cartoon series about the American Revolution. There are science shows out there, as well as TV shows that tie in with books.

What about The Little House on the Prairie series? A few episodes dealt with church or x-mas, but if you skipped those I remember most of them being pretty wholesome.

Refuah Shelaima

Hug

Goldie613

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 8:12 am
Just wanted to add, some museums are still doing zoom exhibits and programming - she may be able to join a bunch of those to fill her time.

Some may charge, some may be free - I assume it's a mixed bag but it may give her other distractions =

https://www.travelandleisure.c.....tours

https://naturalhistory.si.edu/.....-tour

Some are Jewish themed, though I can't speak as to specific content =

https://www.jewishvirtualmuseum.com/

https://theweitzman.org/virtual-museum/

amother
Whitewash

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 8:51 am
I vote good luck charlie if she's looking for some laughs
Relatively clean, definitely no dirty humor but some bf/gf stuff

amother
Chicory

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 9:12 am
If you have Disney+ then Just Roll With It is a very funny interactive show and very fun to watch. There are also episodes on Youtube for free (you may find the episodes from all seasons on youtube but didnt check).

Here is the first episode:

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 10:48 am
I also went through a medical situation for about a year at around your daughters age.
I watched a lot of old shows then, like
Brady bunch,
bewitched,
I dream of jeanie
The Walton’s
Little house on the prairie
Etc
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children