Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Do Kalei Tzom pills work?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 10:12 pm
If you are taking any prescribed medication you have to be very careful as mixing prescribed drugs with certain herbs can cause interactions, sometimes very serious ones.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Oct 04 2022, 2:14 pm
Just bec something is herbs doesn’t make it safe. When taken in excess herbal treatments can cause arrhythmias. They can also interfere with certain prescription meds.

Elfrida

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 2:27 pm
I sometimes wonder how much it really helps, and how much is placebo effect. Since its symptomatic relief, not real treatment, I suppose it doesn't really matter.

(I am blessed with a constitution that allows me to fast very easily, so I never took any of these things and I have no personal experience. Just a degree of cynicism.)

amother
Milk

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 4:56 pm
My whole family took them and everyone felt like it was easiest fast that they've had. Even easier than tzom Gedalua. None of us are on medication or anything to cause concern. Even if it's just mental it seems to have helped. My husband was even able to do a workout after which usually he's barely able to function well after a fast.

Shuly

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 5:01 am
The Israeli Kalei/Pele Tzom pills really work. I forgot to take them one year and I was starving. When I take them I don't really feel hungry, just weak as the day goes on.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 6:32 am
Not sure if all these pills are the same; however, the time release caffeine, tylenol, and advil really do help enormously B"H.
Wishing everyone an amazing year full of brochos for revealed good!

bsy

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 6:37 am
I didn't take kalei tzom. But I ate 4 to 5 dates a couple hours before the fast and I wasn't that hungry at all on yk! I am nursing a newborn and did get thirsty and weak, but that's better than the time I was nursing a newborn and took kalei tzom and couldn't function at all.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur