Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Babysitter when traveling for work conference

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 3:03 pm
I need to travel for work conference and will be taking along a nursing baby who sometimes takes a bottle. I inquired and saw that I could get a babysitter/nanny for my baby while I'm there. Thing is, I'm quite nervous to leave my baby with someone unknown to me. I'm thinking if there's some kind of tracker I could put on my baby, I'd feel at least a bit safer that I know where he is, so she can't run off with him. Does anyone have any ideas where I can get a small tracker I can put on my baby somehow? I was thinking a bracelet or pacifier clip or something

Any other suggestions?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 5:03 pm
Sew onto his sock or onto an ankle band? Also thinking you can decorate it with jewels and then krazy glue on a clip and ribbon to turn it into a pacifier clip.

Jiobit - Smallest GPS Tracker for Kids, Adults, Elderly | Lightweight, Water Resistant, Durable, Encrypted | Real-Time Location Sharing | Long-Lasting Battery | Cellular, Bluetooth, WiFi https://a.co/d/aB1ZpqD

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 5:14 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Sew onto his sock or onto an ankle band? Also thinking you can decorate it with jewels and then krazy glue on a clip and ribbon to turn it into a pacifier clip.

Jiobit - Smallest GPS Tracker for Kids, Adults, Elderly | Lightweight, Water Resistant, Durable, Encrypted | Real-Time Location Sharing | Long-Lasting Battery | Cellular, Bluetooth, WiFi https://a.co/d/aB1ZpqD

Any experience with this product? It doesn't seem all that small, like it would be much too big to sew into his socks. Maybe as a pacifier clip it could work.
Does nobody else have such concerns when traveling for work with a baby?

mha3484

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 5:16 pm
If you have an iphone an apple air tag is perfect for this.

tichellady

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 5:18 pm
I would be more worried about the quality of the care than the person kidnapping your baby. I would ask for a reference and find about more about the background of the babysitter and if there’s a background check etc

amother
Carnation

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 5:29 pm
One of my non-verbal students had this device https://www.angelsense.com/pricing/ but I think you need to pay monthly fee. Maybe you can just pay for 1 month and then cancel.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 5:38 pm
amother OP wrote:
Any experience with this product? It doesn't seem all that small, like it would be much too big to sew into his socks. Maybe as a pacifier clip it could work.
Does nobody else have such concerns when traveling for work with a baby?

Techie dh said the best is actually to use an Apple air tag, but that is assuming you have an Apple device to use it with.

iluvy

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 5:46 pm
Is the babysitting provided/arranged by the conference? If so it should be licensed and the sitters should be background checked and bonded. You can ask the babysitting contractor about any security measures they take.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics