Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
We need to leave now
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Nov 07 2022, 6:48 am
amother Glitter wrote:
Torah times \ link

They found a place

Blessing1

Post Mon, Nov 07 2022, 9:26 am
PeanutMama wrote:
Bh we found a place a few blocks away. I will tell my husband about the restraining order.

The landlord is boarding up the front door so the guy won’t be able to come in and close off the other door with boards too. He removed the locks and the combination thingy motzai shabbos

I want to cry…

Wow, bh you found a place so quickly! May the move go smoothly. It's so sad that your landlord had to board up the house in a frum community.

PeanutMama

Post Wed, Nov 09 2022, 10:16 pm
Thank you. We are moving at a snail pace because we work during the day…we have to shlep a washer and dryer up 3 flights stairs today. My husband and his friend did it I stayed at the house caring for my kids.
My husband is impatient to leave already where we’ve been staying since the attack. Anyway so this is a funny question but I won’t be able to walk the long way to the mikvah where I go… is there a mikvah near 50s middle avenues in bp? I asked my friends they do not know 😕

amother
Birch

Post Wed, Nov 09 2022, 10:19 pm
PeanutMama wrote:
Thank you. We are moving at a snail pace because we work during the day…we have to shlep a washer and dryer up 3 flights stairs today. My husband and his friend did it I stayed at the house caring for my kids.
My husband is impatient to leave already where we’ve been staying since the attack. Anyway so this is a funny question but I won’t be able to walk the long way to the mikvah where I go… is there a mikvah near 50s middle avenues in bp? I asked my friends they do not know 😕

Put your zip code in and see the closest one https://www.mikvah.org/directory

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Nov 09 2022, 10:20 pm
PeanutMama wrote:

I think Sanz is on 52nd bet. 12&13.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Nov 09 2022, 10:27 pm
PeanutMama wrote:

1574 58th St
1249 52nd St
5010 18th Ave

PeanutMama

Post Thu, Nov 10 2022, 7:22 am
Thank you! May I ask you questions about these mikvahs later iyH? I’ll send you a message.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 10 2022, 7:23 am
PeanutMama wrote:
Thank you! May I pm you questions about these mikvahs later iyH?

Sure!

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 11:29 am
Hi peanut mama, just checking up on you that everyone is safe these days and your move to the new apartment worked out.
How is the old landlord holding up?
Were you able to get all your things out?

PeanutMama

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 12:29 pm
Hi! BH we are settling in slowly..my husband said our kids dresser is still there and he will take it out sometime. Our closet/drawer thingy is staying behind because it’s too big to fit through the doors even if it’s fully disassembled
So now my husband and I are living out of boxes

Our old landlords are doing okay last time I checked.
I still haven’t met the neighbors but I don’t see so many young families our age on our block. But it’s winter so maybe I really don’t know. It’s also a new different area and I hope to get used to it very soon

amother
Zinnia

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 12:33 pm
PeanutMama wrote:
Hi! BH we are settling in slowly..my husband said our kids dresser is still there and he will take it out sometime. Our closet/drawer thingy is staying behind because it’s too big to fit through the doors even if it’s fully disassembled
So now my husband and I are living out of boxes

Our old landlords are doing okay last time I checked.
I still haven’t met the neighbors but I don’t see so many young families our age on our block. But it’s winter so maybe I really don’t know. It’s also a new different area and I hope to get used to it very soon

Sometimes people have furniture they don’t need anymore to give away. Would you want that?
There are sometimes ads in your local papers, or if you want to open a thread people here might be able to offer you.
I feel bad that you have nowhere to unpack the boxes.
Are you comfortable otherwise?

PeanutMama

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 4:39 pm
I’m looking at Yad shniya daily… most free giveaways are too far for us or were taken heh but I’m still on the lookout for furniture

I guess once my kids beds are assembled it will feel more like home (my daughter sleeps in a portable crib and my older one sleeps either in my bed or my husbands)

YounginBP

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 5:53 pm
Weekly link classifieds is also a good place to look for furniture give aways

bnm

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 6:07 pm
there is an organization Menadvim. I'm not sure what they cover but I donated appliances to them. They might have furniture.

YounginBP

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 8:37 pm

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 9:12 pm
YounginBP wrote:

Is that to giveaway or for sale?

PeanutMama

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 6:57 pm
Sweet thank you! I will let my husband know

Kind of urgent but is there a store where I can get a pot near or on 16 or 18th Ave 😩

amother
Amaranthus

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 7:00 pm
hardware store 50 and 18 hardware store 47 and 16 not sure the hours tho.

PeanutMama

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 11:27 pm
Thanks I asked my friends and I was told they’re pricier than the stores on 13th so I think I’m gonna head there some time this week

amother
Wheat

Post Sat, Dec 03 2022, 11:56 pm
Off topic, but you’re making me miss the days when I would walk from 13th to 18th ave and back…
Now I live in lakewood and walk to my driveway and sit in my car. And to think that when I walked from one end of BP to the other I still would try to make time to exercise!
I can barely walk up the stairs in my house without feeling my heart pounding these days…
I do miss boro park in a way.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating