Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Work is not a babysitting service for your sick kids!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 2:22 pm
amother Firebrick wrote:
I think I mentioned upthread, that I'm referring to the large in town frum communities. I know standards are different in OOT communities.

I live in far rockaway. There are plenty who have money, plenty who don’t, plenty in between, and plenty who pretend. People always say the five towns are so happy and snobby, etc. but I know plenty of people who live there, and that’s just not true for any of them. Most of the people I know are then”in between” group. I know lots of people who live here who don’t shop here because it’s insane.

amother
Diamond

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 2:25 pm
amother Firebrick wrote:
I think I mentioned upthread, that I'm referring to the large in town frum communities. I know standards are different in OOT communities.

And I'll reiterate-my long post earlier where I listed all my "standards" , is living in monsey NY. Thats pretty in town nowadays. I have lots of friends here who live the same way I do.
So the bottom line is, we work 2 full jobs because we need to, because our expenses are enormous, and we have very very low standards-even in NY

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 2:52 pm
amother Eggplant wrote:
You aren't catching most things from a small child sitting on a chair or on the floor.

That is ridiculous and untrue. Does the child not touch any surface that workers will? Go to the bathroom? Touch doorknobs? Sneeze and cough into the air?
That’s exactly how you catch. And the latest strain of covid is very very contagious.

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 2:53 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
I live in far rockaway. There are plenty who have money, plenty who don’t, plenty in between, and plenty who pretend. People always say the five towns are so happy and snobby, etc. but I know plenty of people who live there, and that’s just not true for any of them. Most of the people I know are then”in between” group. I know lots of people who live here who don’t shop here because it’s insane.

Far Rock is somewhat different than the main 5towns. 5T people mist certainly are to a large degree snobby and wealthy. I know a lot there,

keym

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 2:59 pm
You know what this whole thread is showing me.
It's been 3 years since COVID started and there has been very little progress, (especially in the lower income and salaried jobs) in actual change regarding paid sick leave when you or your children are sick. Plus there's a general childcare shortage.

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 3:14 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:

I don't know much about Far Rockaway, but isn't Far Rockaway in NY?
Sorry to say, but the gashmyus level and standards in the 5 Towns is.......
Of course it doesn't apply to everyone living in the 5 Towns, but the gashmyus level in general is insane.

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 3:25 pm
keym wrote:
You know what this whole thread is showing me.
It's been 3 years since COVID started and there has been very little progress, (especially in the lower income and salaried jobs) in actual change regarding paid sick leave when you or your children are sick. Plus there's a general childcare shortage.

I would've thought that since covid, businesses would get used to their employees working remotely and will be willing for employees to work remotely when needed....

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 4:46 pm
amother Vermilion wrote:
Far Rock is somewhat different than the main 5towns. 5T people mist certainly are to a large degree snobby and wealthy. I know a lot there,

I guess you didn’t read this part of my comment…..

People always say the five towns are so happy and snobby, etc. but I know plenty of people who live there, and that’s just not true for any of them. Most of the people I know are then”in between” group. I know lots of people who live here who don’t shop here because it’s insane.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 4:47 pm
amother Firebrick wrote:
I don't know much about Far Rockaway, but isn't Far Rockaway in NY?
Sorry to say, but the gashmyus level and standards in the 5 Towns is.......
Of course it doesn't apply to everyone living in the 5 Towns, but the gashmyus level in general is insane.

Sorry but….your sweeping generalizations are completely inaccurate.

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 8:35 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
I guess you didn’t read this part of my comment…..

People always say the five towns are so happy and snobby, etc. but I know plenty of people who live there, and that’s just not true for any of them. Most of the people I know are then”in between” group. I know lots of people who live here who don’t shop here because it’s insane.

Since when is Far Rockaway considered part of the 5 Towns?
And what's wrong with being happy? Happy and snobby are 2 different things. Why is it a negative to be happy?

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 8:37 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
Sorry but….your sweeping generalizations are completely inaccurate.

I disagree.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 10:09 pm
amother Firebrick wrote:
Since when is Far Rockaway considered part of the 5 Towns?
And what's wrong with being happy? Happy and snobby are 2 different things. Why is it a negative to be happy?

Oops, was supposed to say jappy
Do you live either in FR or the 5T? Do you have kids in school with kids from both areas? I do, and I’m telling you what I see in my kids schools, which are mostly attended by 5T kids.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 10:46 pm
I have to agree with ema. Far rock and five towns at this point have massive overlap. Pour kids are all in school tog. And there is so much diversity in the five towns. Like inwood and north woodmere and parts of woodmere are different than Lawrence or cedarhurst. All in all I’m pleasantly surprised how many likeminded pple I have come across here. Who are friendly and not gashmius entrenched. Bh very happy here.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics