Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Tsniusdik? Bunny taiI on teenage DD bunny costume?
Previous  1  2  3  4

Bnei Berak 10

Post Sat, Mar 04 2023, 1:00 pm
amother OP wrote:
We live in Israel so I'm not sure people think of the Playboy connection here. I think if I said something the other Israeli mothers would think I'm crazy because probably no one in Israel thinks that about bunnies. Correct me if I'm wrong other Israeli Imas.

OP, Playboy is known world wide for decades and decades. The magazine was distributed and sold worldwide.
So yes, IMHO bunnies are and will always be connected with Playboy. Full stop.

amother
Apple

Post Sat, Mar 04 2023, 3:05 pm
amother OP wrote:
We live in Israel so I'm not sure people think of the Playboy connection here. I think if I said something the other Israeli mothers would think I'm crazy because probably no one in Israel thinks that about bunnies. Correct me if I'm wrong other Israeli Imas.

Israeli Ima, raised Bais Yaakov, here. And although as a teen I had no idea what the bunny association is, I definitely make that association today (having been clued in) and I agree with the posters saying nay to teenage girls dressing up as bunnies. Bad idea, for their sake clue them in.

werty

Post Sat, Mar 04 2023, 7:14 pm
And for this naive israeli here, what are playbunnies ?

devo1982

Post Sat, Mar 04 2023, 7:35 pm
werty wrote:
And for this naive israeli here, what are playbunnies ?

The founder of Playboy Magazine, Hugh Heffner, also used to have clubs where women were employed and wore provocative outfits with bunny ears and a little pom pom tail and they were called Playboy Bunnies.

I'm extremely not sheltered and I have no idea what pineapples refer to other than a good luck symbol for the IVF community.

amother
Freesia

Post Sat, Mar 04 2023, 9:20 pm
She can put the tail at the bottom of her skirt for a less slutty look

amother
Fern

Post Sat, Mar 04 2023, 11:56 pm
Oy op good luck! Such a tough position to be in. Sounds like it could do more bad than good tho, and for such a nice holiday probably better to cut your losses and choose something else for her, you still have time to prep a new costume! Hatzlacha raba

lucky14

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 12:26 am
amother Anemone wrote:
What about pineapples? It also has another meaning.....
I wanted to get a sneaker for my DD and it had pineapples and I was like lets find something else.
( But up until recently I had no idea what a pineapple can mean)

Yeah there is a store that has a tshirt with a pineapple on it (I think it’s this season though maybe it was last year) and I was like oh no I just couldn’t put my kid in a pineapple shirt - for that reason… and it’s not even like a common well known thing that a pineapple even “means” anything. But still….

amother
Caramel

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 2:19 am
lucky14 wrote:
Yeah there is a store that has a tshirt with a pineapple on it (I think it’s this season though maybe it was last year) and I was like oh no I just couldn’t put my kid in a pineapple shirt - for that reason… and it’s not even like a common well known thing that a pineapple even “means” anything. But still….

Please enlighten us
What does pineapple mean?
On this site I recently learned what moose knuckles stands for
I’m still having a hard time with having to tell my daughter that she can’t buy the shirt or sneakers with the rainbow on it!!

lucky14

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 2:48 am
amother Caramel wrote:
Please enlighten us
I’m still having a hard time with having to tell my daughter that she can’t buy the shirt or sneakers with the rainbow on it!!

Lol it’s really not a big deal. I wouldn’t tell you not to get something with a pineapple on it. I just personally am not so interested after reading an article in the newspaper and hearing a few other people in real life make stupid comments. But it’s not at all the same as having an item with the moose knuckles logo on it..

And I hate hate hate how the rainbow was ruined. Though I will get my daughter rainbow stuff occasionally if it’s tasteful and cute and not obviously pushing some agenda…

(Oh and to answer the OPs original question- I agree with almost everyone else and think it’s not tznius for a teenage girl to have a bunny tail on her tush. Or any animal. And I’m very very modern orthodox.)

BatZion

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 3:09 am
I didn't think of the Playboy connection, but again I just think teenage girls wearing accessories on their behinds is reason enough to discourage this costume...
Also, I don't know what else a pineapple may represent and I think I'll keep it that way Wink

amother
Midnight

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 6:17 am
LovesHashem wrote:
Naahhh unless you are chauredi without internet you know what playboy is.

I know what playboy is, but I completely didn’t think of it until someone else mentioned it. I was just thinking that a puffball/tail on a teenage girl is not tznius.

amother
Currant

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 11:14 am
amother Caramel wrote:
Please enlighten us

Google "pineapple meaning". I don't want to explain it here for those who'd rather not know.

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 11:30 am
DrMom wrote:
IMO, a girl she can do whiskers, nose, and a headband with ears, carry a bunch of carrots, etc. and that's fine. Rabbits are not inherently immodest rodents.

It's the tush pom-pom that makes it inappropriate. And that's skippable.

I disagree. A bunny cosine is inherently inappropriate for a teenage girl
It’s a playboy thing

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 11:30 am
amother Beige wrote:
I disagree. A bunny costume is inherently inappropriate for a teenage girl
It’s a playboy thing

amother
Amaryllis

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 11:32 am
amother Currant wrote:
Google "pineapple meaning". I don't want to explain it here for those who'd rather not know.

The risqué meaning is very niche. I'd be surprised if even 20% of non frum/non-Jewish adults know it. And even then, it is supposed to be specifically an upside down pineapple.

amother
Maple

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 12:16 pm
amother Freesia wrote:
She can put the tail at the bottom of her skirt for a less slutty look

Nothing to do with the tail.
If I would see a teenaged girl dressed as a bunny, I would cringe. Literally Playboy, tail or no tail

amother
Hunter

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 12:29 pm
OceanRider wrote:
I saw I very chassidish woman (short synthetic wig and hat, beige stockings with seams, very simple chassidish sheltered look) walking casually on the street holding a huge rainbow bag with the word PRIDE in big bold black letters.

I’m sure she was clueless.
But I cringed. And too many people know and probably cringed too.

And it takes one bored thoughtless soul to take a photo and plaster it all over the internet.

I would say the same about bais yaakov girls parading around in bunny costumes.

A Chassidish Instagrammer posted her baby wearing something that said "Love is Love" and it was so uncomfortable

realsilver

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 12:47 pm
Theres also the peach and the eggplant

happy12

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 12:55 pm
Rainbow shaped with a cloud on it is fine. It's when its flag shaped it is an issue
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics