Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Do you eat Lubavitch shechita
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

werty

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 3:24 pm
But besides davening, you leave a pidyon, and can talk to the Rebbe, much as one might talk to a deceased relative at their kever. There is a real sense of connection to him personally, in addition to his kever being an auspicious place to daven to Hashem

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 3:29 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Could you please clarify what this has to do with me?
I've never been to NJ or America for that matter nor have I dined in this restaurant.

I thought u asked what happened in the Chinese restaurant that was certified by ok.
Could be it was someone else...

werty

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 3:33 pm
amother Ecru wrote:
I was taught it's avodah Zara to daven directly to a deceased person at their kever. we only daven to Hashem.

I said talk to him, NOT daven to him.
There is a nusach , most of which addresses Hashem in prayer, and there are a few lines where you address the Rebbe with the reverence befitting being at the kever of a tzadik, asking him for brochas.
Asking a tzadik for a brocha is not davening to him!

amother
Milk

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 3:35 pm
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:
The Lubavitcher Rebbe would qualify. Wait till you read what the Rebbe said about his Father-in-law.

It doesn't mean anything to us. I know it's earth shattering but he's just another rebbe/ rabbi/ rebbi like we all have in our communities. Just like our leaders don't mean anything to you and don't care about their inspirational stories or why they believe the way they do.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 3:35 pm
amother Ecru wrote:
Landua is not run by chabad, Rav Landua was chabad but he is no longer alive according to dh.

Of course Landau isn't run by chabad.
It's under Rabbi Chaim Yitzchak Isaac Landau and Rabbi Shevach Zvi Rosenblatt. The first mentioned is very much alive.

werty

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 3:37 pm
amother Milk wrote:
We never talk to the deceased. We just use their zechusim to talk to hashem. That is the fundamental difference between lubavitch and everyone else.

If you visit the kever if a deceased close relative ( I hope you don't have any) you wouldn't talk to them ?
It says in kabala that a part of a deceased persons neshama still hovers over their guf after their death, which is why one feels close to them at their kever.
It's not unique to Chabad , for sure other chassidim do this too

amother
Gardenia

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 3:38 pm
werty wrote:
If you visit the kever if a deceased close relative ( I hope you don't have any) you wouldn't talk to them ?
It says in kabala that a part of a deceased persons neshama still hovers over their guf after their death, which is why one feels close to them at their kever.

I actually agree with this (not chassidish at all)

Milk, do you go to relative's kevarim to invite them for chasunos?

amother
Milk

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 3:39 pm
werty wrote:

Nope we do not talk to them. Like I said we daven for them, and we use their zechusim and use it to daven for ourselves. We are fully talking and davening to hashem at all times. Never to the deceased.

amother
Milk

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 3:40 pm
amother Gardenia wrote:
I actually agree with this (not chassidish at all)

Milk, do you go to relative's kevarim to invite them for chasunos?

No we don't believe in inviting them like I said we don't talk to them, only daven for them and daven for us using their zechusim.

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 3:41 pm
amother Milk wrote:
Nope we do not talk to them. Like I said we daven for them, and we use their zechusim and use it to daven for ourselves. We are fully talking and davening to hashem at all times. Never to the deceased.

What about asking mechilla?

werty

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 3:41 pm
amother Milk wrote:
But this is exactly the issue we have! We don't talk to the deceased and these lines are a problem according to our gedolim and shittos.

So don't! That's fine with me
I can still be your friend.
But also curious - is there a Torah source that says there's a problem with talking to the deceased at their kever?

Either way, I really am not sure what it's got to do with hechsherim. or yiras shomayim or avoda Zara.

werty

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 3:44 pm
amother Milk wrote:
No we don't believe in inviting them like I said we don't talk to them, only daven for them and daven for us using their zechusim.

Ok, so maybe your community don't.
But it's certainly not what makes Chabad different from everyone else. Not at all.

amother
Holly

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 3:45 pm
Wow!
Going back on topic.... and responding to a few posters up thread.

I just asked a lubavitch shochet myself who works in the industry....

Everyone's knives are the same these days... 300 years ago it was different but everyone since then adopted the Alter Rebbe's.

There are not really any litvish shochtim... most are from some chassidus... and there's lubavitch shochtim working in many of the popular processing plants these days even if it isn't certified by the chk

For chickens I know forsure it's exactly the same the only difference is that the shochtim go to mikvah before and learn Tanya/chassidus

The main idea why some people don't eat certain hechsherim is from the idea that we try and either know the shochet/from within their community

amother
Yarrow

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 3:51 pm
As a "chabadnik" I always feel so hated on this site. Thank Gd I don't feel that in real life.

And no, I don't live in a chabad community.

Is everyone faking in real life? Or does this site just have the exaggerated hate from a few noisy loud ppl? 🤔

werty

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 3:52 pm
amother Yarrow wrote:
As a "chabadnik" I always feel so hated on this site. Thank Gd I don't feel that in real life.

Is everyone faking in real life? Or does this site just have the exaggerated hate from a few noisy loud ppl? 🤔

Omg ,I have the same question

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 3:56 pm
The notion of praying at the graves of the righteous is well-established. The Talmud tells us that Caleb, one of the spies sent to inspect the Holy Land, separated from the rest of the group to visit the Cave of the Patriarchs (ma’arat ha’machpailah) in Hebron. He prostrated himself before the cave and said to them “My fathers, plead for mercy for me that I be saved from the evil designs of the spies” (Sotah 34b).

Elsewhere the Talmud mentions a custom to visit a cemetery during times of calamity, such as a drought. The reason, according to one opinion in the Talmud, is so that the dead will ask for mercy for us in Heaven (Ta’anit 16a).

It has likewise been a Jewish custom all throughout the ages to consider the graves of the righteous (kivrei tzaddikim) places of pilgrimage, and to visit there and recite Psalms and prayers. Hassidim even leave notes (kvitlach) by their Rebbe’s grave.

https://aish.com/prayer-at-gra.....eous/

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 4:03 pm
amother Holly wrote:
Wow!
Going back on topic.... and responding to a few posters up thread.

I just asked a lubavitch shochet myself who works in the industry....

Everyone's knives are the same these days... 300 years ago it was different but everyone since then adopted the Alter Rebbe's.

There are not really any litvish shochtim... most are from some chassidus... and there's lubavitch shochtim working in many of the popular processing plants these days even if it isn't certified by the chk

For chickens I know forsure it's exactly the same the only difference is that the shochtim go to mikvah before and learn Tanya/chassidus

The main idea why some people don't eat certain hechsherim is from the idea that we try and either know the shochet/from within their community

Can you ask him if all Shechitas use from the same rib in regard to the gid hanashe?

amother
Cadetblue

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 4:05 pm
amother Cyan wrote:
Why? Are they not shechting the water properly?

There is actually a difference in opinion about how the mikvah should be built. I will only use a lubavitch mikvah if it is built to satisfy both opinions.

Zahava94

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 4:06 pm
amother Yarrow wrote:

Can't speak for everyone, but personally, as a non-Chabad person, I greatly respect Chabad people for their commitment and focus on ahavas yisrael. I always look to them as the model for how to successfully reach unaffiliated Jews, and I greatly admire their work within that space. With all that being said, of course there are things I may not agree with in terms of beliefs or customs or what not, but that has absolutely zero bearing on my respect and love to them as people pursuing their path of avodas Hashem, the same way that I would hope that other sects within our religion would respect my own derech, even if they didn't agree with it. I've encountered Chabad people in many, many cities and countries around the world, and I can honestly say I've only had great experiences with them and look back on all of those encounters very fondly. And yes, I would eat Chabad kosher meat, and have done so on many occasions.

werty

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 4:07 pm
amother Lime wrote:
The notion of praying at the graves of the righteous is well-established. The Talmud tells us that Caleb, one of the spies sent to inspect the Holy Land, separated from the rest of the group to visit the Cave of the Patriarchs (ma’arat ha’machpailah) in Hebron. He prostrated himself before the cave and said to them “My fathers, plead for mercy for me that I be saved from the evil designs of the spies” (Sotah 34b).

Elsewhere the Talmud mentions a custom to visit a cemetery during times of calamity, such as a drought. The reason, according to one opinion in the Talmud, is so that the dead will ask for mercy for us in Heaven (Ta’anit 16a).

It has likewise been a Jewish custom all throughout the ages to consider the graves of the righteous (kivrei tzaddikim) places of pilgrimage, and to visit there and recite Psalms and prayers. Hassidim even leave notes (kvitlach) by their Rebbe’s grave.

https://aish.com/prayer-at-gra.....eous/

Thank you !
Lol I knew that Chabad didn't make this up LOL
But Milk claims it's avoda Zara. Oh well.
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics