Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
How to help DD have a better attitude
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 4:52 pm
mamaofboys wrote:
Wow! Not exactly what you are looking for from a therapist.

And yes, you want her to be assertive and not a pushover, but you also want her to respect the people she is with - even if they don't like each other.

But if DD gets up in the middle of the class to talk to a friend then she is showing no respect or concern for her teacher (and also other girls in her class who may actually want to learn). How is her self-esteem and self-respect?

I am actually a life and relationship coach so this would be up my alley.
If you are interested, I am in Israel so we could work on Zoom.

Wow! I would love that. Do you have email address I can reach out to?

mamaofboys

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 5:03 pm
Sure. Please PM me

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 6:13 pm
mamaofboys wrote:
Sure. Please PM me

Just did. Thanks

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 10:15 pm
I could be wrong but this teacher could be a very old slow moving teacher. Your daughter might feel underestimuted in her class. No child should act with chutzpa buI I would switch her out of the class. If she's usually a good kid and this teacher gets on her nerves it's probably just a immaturity. I would be more concerned if she was a 11th or 12th grader. Maybe it would help if you volunteered with her somewhere with older generation people. Be a good role model respectfully greet all types of people in shu and Neighbors and older community members

I had a teacher once that everyone sat in class behaved very well.But in the parallel class the kids had more imature kids and they did alot more talking. She was really passed her prime teaching years. And she did pick on some kids and took away a lot of points. And she did give the parent a earful what wrong with their daughter. Most parent just understood the situation so they nodded politely. Find out more about the teacher and Maybe your taking her complaints to seriously .

CPenzias

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 11:39 pm
As a teacher, it sounds like the teacher needs to reflect on why your dd is responding the way she is. Like maybe have a conversation with her.... don't berate all the time. The teacher needs to take a step back because your daughter sounds like a good kid bh. Your daughter feels disrespected and not listened to. Do you like to listen to people who disrespect you? Also, your daughter is a kid and kids don't necessarily know how to handle emotions all the time so yeah, she might make a face or ignore but she doesn't sound disrespectful to me.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children