Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Dr. Shmuel Mandelman
Previous  1  2

amother
Blueberry

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 11:37 am
Does anyone know if he believes in PANDAS/PANS?

amother
Oatmeal

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 12:08 pm
amother Acacia wrote:
That is Eli Mandelbaum. This is Shmuel Mandelman. Different last names and different first names.

I just Googled him. It is Samuel Mandelman that we went to.

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 12:12 pm
amother Blueberry wrote:
Does anyone know if he believes in PANDAS/PANS?

I don’t think so but It doesn’t matter because he’ll give the clinical diagnosis that matches the child’s symptoms regardless.

amother
Topaz

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 12:31 pm
You know, I don’t think he even treats kids. He is supposed to be the one who gives an expert diagnosis- which we unfortunately did not get.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 12:31 pm
He doesn’t believe in pandas, he laughed when I mentioned it.. he came highly recommended but didn’t work for us

scientist

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 12:43 pm
I second that he doesn’t believe in PANDAS so he wouldn’t give that diagnosis.

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 12:47 pm
We used dr Gianna Locascio
She took our insurance
Amazing job with the evals. They were done over two full days
We needed a letter from our pediatrician saying that the child has pandas
The only thing we came out of was a diagnosis for mild adhd which doesn’t need treatment.
So if you’re looking for solutions, I don’t really recommend going down this route.
What really helped us was switching diets, going the holistic route with supplements and herbs, doing reflex integration therapy , and having support at school.

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 2:24 pm
I personally know many individuals he helped who were all severe cases, psychotic, suicidal.
He is a true baal chesed and shaliach to many if he did not help you I don't see the need to say unneccesary loshon hara

amother
Stone

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 2:36 pm
I brought my son to the Brooklyn office about a year ago. From what I understand, he works in Lakewood a few days a week and Brooklyn one day a week. He doesn't take insurance and it was a very expensive appointment.

He hardly spoke to my son but he skimmed through a handful of previous evaluations and interpreted them very differently than all of the previous conclusions that were reached.

I think it was helpful and we keep working on the issues.

amother
Topaz

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 3:04 pm
amother Stone wrote:
I brought my son to the Brooklyn office about a year ago. From what I understand, he works in Lakewood a few days a week and Brooklyn one day a week. He doesn't take insurance and it was a very expensive appointment.

He hardly spoke to my son but he skimmed through a handful of previous evaluations and interpreted them very differently than all of the previous conclusions that were reached.

I think it was helpful and we keep working on the issues.

How did he help you?

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 4:17 pm
I took my child to him and told him he had recently started being treated for pandas, though he had been having difficulties for years, and he agreed that my child probably had pandas.

amother
Blueberry

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 4:45 pm
amother Puce wrote:
I took my child to him and told him he had recently started being treated for pandas, though he had been having difficulties for years, and he agreed that my child probably had pandas.

did he have any advice for you?

amother
Jean

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 5:43 pm
amother Gold wrote:
I personally know many individuals he helped who were all severe cases, psychotic, suicidal.
He is a true baal chesed and shaliach to many if he did not help you I don't see the need to say unneccesary loshon hara

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 6:22 pm
Dr Robyn Tziporah Koslowitz I’d fantastic! ( although very pricey)

amother
Topaz

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 6:23 pm
Who has he helped and how?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics