Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Where are you finding chometz?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Stars

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 10:11 am
honey36 wrote:

I heard a story about a family that turned on their window a.c. unit for the first time the season on pesach (makes sense since it can sometimes just turn warm on pesach) and it started spouting out cheerios.

Kids Rolling Laughter

Bnei Berak 10

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 10:14 am
amother OP wrote:
Just saying that being on top of things earlier is a much better plan.
Today I decided to put a clean sheet on the pack n play that our guests will be using. Pulled the mattress out and guess what I found… loads of crushed pretzels and crackers!!! I normally would have done the guest room linen on erev pesach! Imagine if I would have found the chometz then? This pack n play has only been used for one family… they are the ones coming to us for pesach… I’m pretty annoyed that they fed their kids upstairs because my own kids know the no chometz rule..

I would have been furious with them. This is so inconsiderate. Causes you more work since I guess you now have to do bedikat chametz in those rooms.

amother
Cherry

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 10:25 am
in a large container of dress up, and dolls +accesorries I found 2 mini packs of cookies.
my kids love playing with their dolls, they use real disposable diapers. so I found 2 clean diapers, and............ 1 used diaper Hiding .

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 10:31 am
Last year after we cleaned out our playroom, some toys ended up on the back porch. Some riding toys, an old dollhouse… the day before pesach a family with young kids came to visit us. It was a warm day so I told everyone to stay on the porch. I had a small box of chometz food out on the porch and I told them they can take something if they find anything they like. The kids were playing with the toys, I saw the father eating a snack and offering some to their kids…I went back inside to cook. The next day, erev pesach I was sweeping the porch and discovered that every room of the dollhouse had bissli stuffed inside! Apparently their kids didn’t want the snacks. Instead they stuffed it into the old dollhouse. Not a pleasant surprise on erev pesach!

zaq

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 10:56 am
don't buy bissli. buy bamba instead. it's kitniyot.

cbsp

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 11:02 am
A relative of mine had a hole in a wall caused by a doorknob.

Apparently the children and grandchildren found it a great activity to throw random food items into the hole - which was hollow. At bedikas chometz they noticed nosh peeking out of the hole. They had to break the wall near the floor to empty it all out. What a fun erev Pesach project!

amother
Snapdragon

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 11:06 am
One fully wrapped granola bar in a Purim costume/ shtick bin. I went in for tutus and a hat and found it.

justforfun87

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 11:06 am
See stories like this is why I go through every drawer and hands and knees in the closets cause my kids are little rascals and will eat a granola bar in a closet, decide they are done and throw on the floor. In their defense they have gotten better but still! Or they hide candy from their siblings tucked neatly into their underwear drawers.

Highstrung

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 11:08 am
When I had 12 months to 2 yr olds I had to check every single item.
I’ve found pretzels and bread in my boots once.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 11:10 am
I found a pretzel in the tape recorder years ago…

chili-n-cholent

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 11:13 am
Not chametz but I found a tip dh had gotten from a student last summer!!! (hidden in my underwear drawer but I had no recollection of hiding it there LOL ) that was really exciting!

Highstrung

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 12:57 pm
I just found a crouton in my pajama drawer. I was not even going to go through my stuff because I don’t eat in my room. I don’t have toddlers opening my drawers either. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Oh! And I finally found the tablecloth I bought special for the Sukkah. I searched that place at least 10 times before Succos. But I only found it now with Pesach cleaning .

dena613

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 1:05 pm
Pretzels and crackers in kids room- that was expected
Piece of cookie in my drawer Surprised

yOungM0mmy

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 2:49 pm
Pretzels in the kids drawers while pesach cleaning. One year found a cheerio in the rummikub game on Pesach.
Last year we moved house just before Purim, and I used a walders liquer bottle to hold my sheitel head and make it taller for my long sheitel. In my mind, walders is disgusting and not edible to start with, so it was never going to get drunk and perfect as a sheitel head. On yom tov my son noticed, and we realised it's chametz. We were trying to figure out how we'd burn it on chol hamoed, but spoke to the rav who said hide it till after Pesach and it's fine.

amother
Amaranthus

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 4:54 pm
I'm not bothered by where I'm finding chometz. I'm bothered by where I'm finding mopuse droppings.

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 5:02 pm
In a cupboard where I had convinced myself there was never, ever any chametz, and consequently only clean it every two or three years. Sad

Now replanning my cleaning schedule for future years.

amother
Tealblue

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 5:31 pm
In the milchig microwave that doesn’t stay on the counter because we never use it. BH I randomly needed it today or I probably wouldn’t have thought to clean it, it stays on top of our cabinets

amother
DarkViolet

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 6:36 pm
I found a chametz chocolate bar in my closet while “ spring cleaning” . I always say you have to go through the entire house before Pesach, it’s still called Pesach cleaning.
It was a mitzva and a treat in one…

amother
PlumPink

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 9:20 pm
amother Pink wrote:
No major damage but one time on pesach I thought I saw a cheerio on the floor. It was very strange since we never buy cheerios. I walk over and take a closer look, and it turned out to be a playmobil donut. Those few seconds of my heart beating so fast made me never forget this story.

Oh my !! Haha something very similar happened to me-- those Playmobil donuts really look like cheerios especially when they are upside down

amother
Trillium

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 9:37 pm
Will never forget the year when I changed my baby’s diaper on erev pesach and found a cheerio in the diaper (not passed through her system IYKWIM) to this day I have no clue how it got there. I’m not pesach cleaning this year…my toddler brings food EVERYWHERE!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics