Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
My kids are impossible and idk what to do
Previous  1  2

amother
Lemonlime

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 9:06 am
amother Canary wrote:
Parenting classes if they can behave all day in school.

To the uninformed, that seems like the obvious answer. But there is a whole other world out there where there could be many reasons why this is the case.

Living it right now with pandas.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 9:19 am
OP I can so relate. Each day is like 10 days long. It's so so so difficult.

HKBH should bring refuos and yeshuos to all of klal yisroel.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 9:22 am
amother OP wrote:
My kids have real emotional issues. But they are smart and they don't act out in school.

They pass evaluations with flying colors. I've been denied school services from board of Ed. Hcbs is denying me now because they behave in school. They don't qualify for any "real" diagnosis.

They need real help. And I don't know what to do or how to get it.

I dont need parenting help. I don't need cleaning help. I need mental health professionals. I'm going to start 1 kid with a therapist but that's one session a week. Everything is a million phone calls and months of schlepping out and in the meantime every day is really difficult and draining and I'm pregnant and all I can think about is I can't have another crazy kid.

And unfortunately, the type of help you need is not services from the Board of Ed, since as you say, they are doing fine in school. I have the same thing.

You need private help which costs a ton, but it is what it is.

giftedmom

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 9:53 am
TBH I haven’t had much luck with HCBS and am in the process of disenrolling rn. Assuming you’re not in it for the free facials but for actual help for your kids, I haven’t had much luck with that. Therapy clinics are insanely backed up, and respite services leave much to be desired.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)